Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Android 4.2.8 is out!

Good deal.. didn't even check there made more sense the thread would be in firmware and software.. thanks for the link sir

You’re welcome. It definitely should be here, but people tend to stick everything in the one sub forum.

I'm getting some data on otg just tried. This is using Samsung galaxy s8. Otg cable, WiFi totally off I'm getting hight and speed, distance and battery is still showing as n/a and Satellites is working

20180325_095911.jpg

I'm going out to try it now I'll let everyone know how it is With WiFi and otg cable. Just walking to my flying spot weather is perfect [emoji16][emoji16]

1521972213148.jpeg

No absolutely nothing is working over otg and Wi-Fi is still laggy as hell on 4.2.8 uninstalled and gone back to the mod 2 app.

The fact that they've neutered this drone on Android and not iOS is very frustrating... That is one of the biggest reasons I haven't flown my spark in 8 weeks and just fly my fpv race setup instead

Reactions: Gavieboydgi
The fact that they've neutered this drone on Android and not iOS is very frustrating... That is one of the biggest reasons I haven't flown my spark in 8 weeks and just fly my fpv race setup instead
Every time you see a update on android it never has fixes for spark it's like they don't want it in there range of drones now the air is out. 5 months they've left everyone stuck on 4.1.15 and they keep saying use WiFi on the new app. I tried it today and it is absolutely shocking trying to fly the spark with video downlink lagging like it is. As a matter as fact it's dangerous. I'm using a Samsung galaxy s8 so they can't use the excuse that my device isn't powerful enough wiped everything and it still lags like crazy.

Before Christmas last year it was known Apple bought into DJI and I started a thread on the topic only to have of DJI bed mates on here tried to trash everything that was said then and to this day everything mentioned then is coming true, Apple programmers involved with DJI have no reason or knowledge to help out with Android. Apple has proven from day one you conform to their way or your gone, I'm sure DJI will obey. My cute little shelf dweller (spark drone) has been collecting dust for about the same amount of time, I can not afford to fly it with the problems and crashes I've been thru already, having a limited amount of income for recreational interests, I have more fear of losing a $1500 (accessories batteries and drone) investment then enjoying my flight time. I'm hoping that the new operating system Google is getting ready to release to replace Android will solve the problems non IOS users are experiencing. Google's new system is going to eliminate the exclusive club of IOS as Apple users will have an option to use other platforms on their devices, computers and phones and non Apple users will be able to use exclusive Apple software. Finally Apple will be put in their backs trying to keep their club exclusive and stop their users from dropping their membership. Maybe Apple's new logo should have a couple more bites out of that apple.
My hope is that some of the other drone manufacturers step up their game and take up the slack DJI and Apple are causing with their drone programming, they have proven with past programming that all coding is already written and installed on a previous version and they refuse to code it into the new versions.. on purpose and for what reason? Only one comes to mind, when your in bed with a partner that is rotten to its core, it's doesn't take long till you start to smell and look the same

Before Christmas last year it was known Apple bought into DJI and I started a thread on the topic only to have of DJI bed mates on here tried to trash everything that was said then and to this day everything mentioned then is coming true, Apple programmers involved with DJI have no reason or knowledge to help out with Android. Apple has proven from day one you conform to their way or your gone, I'm sure DJI will obey. My cute little shelf dweller (spark drone) has been collecting dust for about the same amount of time, I can not afford to fly it with the problems and crashes I've been thru already, having a limited amount of income for recreational interests, I have more fear of losing a $1500 (accessories batteries and drone) investment then enjoying my flight time. I'm hoping that the new operating system Google is getting ready to release to replace Android will solve the problems non IOS users are experiencing. Google's new system is going to eliminate the exclusive club of IOS as Apple users will have an option to use other platforms on their devices, computers and phones and non Apple users will be able to use exclusive Apple software. Finally Apple will be put in their backs trying to keep their club exclusive and stop their users from dropping their membership. Maybe Apple's new logo should have a couple more bites out of that apple.
My hope is that some of the other drone manufacturers step up their game and take up the slack DJI and Apple are causing with their drone programming, they have proven with past programming that all coding is already written and installed on a previous version and they refuse to code it into the new versions.. on purpose and for what reason? Only one comes to mind, when your in bed with a partner that is rotten to its core, it's doesn't take long till you start to smell and look the same
it may seem negative, but, you DO have the option to sell the spark rather than let it sit and waste away. Pull the same attitude you say they have, if they dont conform, dont support them any further. Buy something else instead of DJI or buy a mavic which works fine OTG.

it may seem negative, but, you DO have the option to sell the spark rather than let it sit and waste away. Pull the same attitude you say they have, if they dont conform, dont support them any further. Buy something else instead of DJI or buy a mavic which works fine OTG.
It may sound negative but it's just facts..facts i wish were available when i did my research and decided on the spark and everything including OTG worked perfectly. The truth is that I wouldn't even get half in return from my 8 month old purchase. I will never support them now, I dislike the idea of being bullied into buying an Apple product just to control my drone safely

My spark also doesn't get flown anymore. I tried again today with the new app and the lag and response is so horrible I can't even fly it 100 feet away. As said above it's time to sell it. Shame as I liked the size and capabilities of this little drone. I don't even care about OTG or WiFi but just make it WORK. I didn't realize it was working perfectly with iOS. I'm not buying another device to carry around to fly my "compact" drone. Sort of defeats the purpose.

All,

DJI GO 4 4.2.12 was available at google play for a limited people then it was pulled. I downloaded and installed it and it works quite well. It now has OTG support and this too works very well. Also the WiFi/ interference screen is working again showing all the signals. Not sure why DJI has pulled it and they offer no reason other than still not recommended. It is sure nice to have OTG working with the Spark.

You can download the apk at:

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.12 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Have fun ~ Bill

Reactions: Skyjammer
That's interesting...so they POSSIBLY are planning on bringing back OTG. The only question would be...does it solve the range issues. Because my spark can't make it 50m without lagging choppy video and decreased response from controls.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme