Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Android Tablet that can be used with the spark and OTG

NJSpark

Join
Jun 6, 2019
I had a previous post where i had purchased a Leveno Tab 4 8'' which did not work with OTG so i returned it.

What I am looking for is
-A good Android tablet 8 inch is good
-works with Spark with OTG (the one I sent back above worked with the Mavic air but not the spark saw that on the mavic site and i have a friend that as the same setup)
-Where the Attitude meter works (the one i sent back above did not might be because there was no compass)
-Has a compass
-gps (i do not mind getting a wifi/cellular model)
-hopefully something that fits in the spark remote holder (if not then i can always get a tablet holder)

I know iOS is preferred by most but i wanted Android

Also last time i use the list of tablets that is listed on the phantom link I got the tablet above and there was no mention of no compass,attitude meter not working, and OTG not compatible with Spark.

So want I am looking for is Real World reviews of something that has worked for the Members of this forum with the DJI Spark

Thank you

I'm definitely not an expert, but I wouldn't think a phone/tablet would need a compass because the Spark uses it's internal compass. You would need location turned on. I've used an Asus tablet and a Moto Z3 phone with my Spark. All the phone is a display, I think. I'm going to look for a used iPad mini just for the display for mine.

but I wouldn't think a phone/tablet would need a compass because the Spark uses it's internal compass.

In order for the proper orientation of the map and attitude indicator in the Go4 app, the device needs a compass, which is different than GPS.

Reactions: RotorWash
Yes you definitely need a device with a compass. I can always cache maps if needed. The thing is finding an android tablet that has all of that and works with OTG and the spark seems like there are more options for the other dji drones

Anyone that uses android tablets please chime in

Last edited:
I have, and periodically use, a Samsung Tab A 8.0. Galaxy Tab A 8.0" (NEW) 32GB, Silver Tablets - SM-T380NZSEXAR | Samsung US
I put in a 200Gb card to handle larger storage. I did not buy cellular as I can easily tether the Samsung Tab to my Samsung Note 8. Usually do NOT need to tether as I also make a habit to cache maps of the area I intend to fly. I use this with both the Mavic Air and Spark.
Truth be told, I love the Samsung platform, but I, far and above, prefer the ease of use of my new iPad Mini 5. The iPad makes it so much more convenient to start in GO4, put in unlock codes, hover, double tab home, swipe up GO4, initiate LITCHI. Much easier to force kill an app than using Samsung.

Thank you! I see it has a compass as well which is great that means the attitude meter will work correctly.
Does this work with the Spark using OTG?

The real reason i want to go with android is the ability to use older versions/modded versions of DJI go 4. Seems like the modding community caters to that OS and not iOS for obvious reasons.

Does GO 4 crash when flying using this device ?

And believe me I know iOS is better for the drone this is just cheaper than an iPad Mini 4

Works with the Spark OTG
I’ve never had a crash. The reason for killing GO4 after I unlocking is because Litchi uses the DJI SDK, so the residual DJI May conflict. Therefore kill it!

For anyone in the UK, I have tried so many tablets in an attempt to find a perfect partner for my spark. I didn't want to go above 8" as I find them too heavy and cumbersome. I am currently using a Tesco Hudl 2. It has a compass, very little lag and loves an otg cable. Old technology, but very reliable. My local computer guy has also told me that unlike the Samsungs etc, the Hudl was manufactured from generic parts and repairs are cheap. Happy days, you can get them on Ebay still for £50 to £60.

I had a previous post where i had purchased a Leveno Tab 4 8'' which did not work with OTG so i returned it.

What I am looking for is
-A good Android tablet 8 inch is good
-works with Spark with OTG (the one I sent back above worked with the Mavic air but not the spark saw that on the mavic site and i have a friend that as the same setup)
-Where the Attitude meter works (the one i sent back above did not might be because there was no compass)
-Has a compass
-gps (i do not mind getting a wifi/cellular model)
-hopefully something that fits in the spark remote holder (if not then i can always get a tablet holder)

I know iOS is preferred by most but i wanted Android

Also last time i use the list of tablets that is listed on the phantom link I got the tablet above and there was no mention of no compass,attitude meter not working, and OTG not compatible with Spark.

So want I am looking for is Real World reviews of something that has worked for the Members of this forum with the DJI Spark

Thank you
Well folks if you forget all I post remember NOT ALL OTG CABLES THAT FIT THE CONTROLLER WILL MOVE THE DATA FROM THE CONTROLLER TO THE REMOTE SCREEN. I don't know why, I used a Samsung 8in. And a Amazon 10in., I used male to make, male to female, male female OTG, and get this, male to female out male to male in. Different OTG cables comming out of the controller react differently. All the above-mentioned with the same results on a IOS phone, Samsung phone, and a Motorola G7 Power. The OTG cable makes the difference. If you can run the DJI program it will work. Note Motorola will not run the FPV Tello stock app without a green screen???? I had to use the Tello FPV pay App. I like it better so I paid.
If someone knows why the OTG cable difference is please let me know. Depending on my monitor depends on the cables used.
Oh by the way flying with a 17in. Moniter on the picnick table is great....have a long USB wire, oops turns into " Papa that is a bad word, no no no would you like your mouth washed out with soap?" So use a long cable.
Have fun,
I do...

Reactions: dragosmd58

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme