Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Android vs Ios

Carlos Raposo

Join
Oct 14, 2019
Hello.
Can anyone help me, i have one ipad that i use in the spark remote, and it works very well, and i got one android phone that i also use, and it works good to.
The problem i got is that in the android phone i have no nfz showing in the map, in the ipad it shows, this with the same spark and same remote.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you.

Are they both running up-to-date software versions? My experience is limited to an Android device, but I gather from reading posts here that some issues exist between the iOS and Android. I keep my Spark and controller updated with the current basic and precision flight firmware, but I have no idea if they are identical from one platform to the other. Like you, I would have expected them both to show the same geofencing/NFZ information. That info, I believe, is uploaded into the drone. After that point, I wonder if switching from an iOS to Android device would cause a compatibility issue. This is an interesting subject and I hope someone far more knowledgeable than me can provide an answer.

May have something to do with the way iPads and iPhones do location. Do an online search for information on location services on Apple devices.

Never flown near any airport or NFZ and don't know if they are shown live on the map inside the Go4 app but I always make it a point to check apps like UAV forecast or Airmap before heading out to any new location to fly.

Some iPad, (WiFi+cellular) have active GPS, even
without sim card or data. The Pad "knows" where
he is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers