Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

B4UFLY apps...what's up widdatt?

I B Spectre

Join
Aug 16, 2019
The FAA's B4UFly app changed starting Feb. 1st and the single app has been replaced with "four companies to provide B4UFLY services through desktop and mobile applications. All of the four apps supposedly work with iOS and Android, with all but one working on desktops. These companies also provide LAANC support. I haven't seen any reviews about how the four apps compare. I presume they all carry the same info on controlled airspace, special use airspace, airports, critical infrastructure, national parks and military training routes. Interactive maps with filters can be handy if they're properly done.

Anybody have experience with these?

Reactions: LetnayaPogoda
The FAA's B4UFly app changed starting Feb. 1st and the single app has been replaced with "four companies to provide B4UFLY services through desktop and mobile applications. All of the four apps supposedly work with iOS and Android, with all but one working on desktops. These companies also provide LAANC support. I haven't seen any reviews about how the four apps compare. I presume they all carry the same info on controlled airspace, special use airspace, airports, critical infrastructure, national parks and military training routes. Interactive maps with filters can be handy if they're properly done.

Anybody have experience with these?
You ask a good question. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with this.

Reactions: I B Spectre
Shortly after making the OP, I browsed the Mavic forums and several people indicated they tried some of the offerings and found them to be basically like the original B4UFLY with some minor variations. Overall, it seemed like Chevys and Fords...some like and are familiar with Chevys, others with Fords. I didn't detect any clear advantage of one over the other. Maybe it will come into better focus with time.

Reactions: LetnayaPogoda
Shortly after making the OP, I browsed the Mavic forums and several people indicated they tried some of the offerings and found them to be basically like the original B4UFLY with some minor variations. Overall, it seemed like Chevys and Fords...some like and are familiar with Chevys, others with Fords. I didn't detect any clear advantage of one over the other. Maybe it will come into better focus with time.
appreciate the info

Reactions: I B Spectre

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502