Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Another Nice Flight, Backwards, Low Over Water, At Dusk

Yes. I liked the last one.
Spark taking a selfie on the water.:)

Reactions: Simon Cooper
To subscribe to my YouTube channel please click on www.youtube.com/user/homecedo
Great video again. I have a couple of questions.
1. How are you so steady while flying over water? I have experienced that the drone hovers up and down while flying over water probably due to the reflection detected by the visual sensors. At what height above water do you fly?
2. Do you use tripod mode and then speed up the video while editing?
3. Why is the max. video resolution 720p? I have noticed that in one of your earlier videos as well.

nilanjan118, thanks for the comments.
1. In this video I was about 4-5 feet above the water for the 1st sequence, and a bit closer for the last one.
I’ve posted videos in the past where the Spark bobs up and down quite noticeably. Most times it’s OK though. If the footage is too ‘bobby’ I won’t post it.
2. I only use use normal mode. I can’t remember the last time I used tripod mode. I prefer to use subtle movements on the sticks that way you have more control of how you want the shot to come out. Light movements and harder movements in the same shot, when required etc.
3. A few months ago another poster made the same observation about my footage so I changed my download/upload process. Now, I load my 1080p Spark footage from the SD card to iMovie on my iPad. Then, once edited, I save it to the iPad’s camera roll using the 4K option. From there I download it to YouTube. I have been told that internet speeds can affect the way that videos are viewed. Perhaps that is the reason you are seeing it in 720p?
Thanks again.
Simon

I have been told that internet speeds can affect the way that videos are viewed. Perhaps that is the reason you are seeing it in 720p?
YouTube does automatically select a playback resolution depending upon the Internet speed but you can always select your preferred resolution from Settings. However, the highest resolution I am seeing in your video is 720p.
Untitledaaa.jpg

Kendallfordguy, I was basically standing directly behind it. I had to cut the video short as it was coming through the trees unfortunately cos I ended up getting myself in the shot.

Here’s the uncropped 1st segment, shared with you to attempt to show you where I was standing at the time I took the footage, and the fact that the drone was reversing, not reversed in post-editing:

Reactions: Grin factpr
Kendallfordguy,
I only posted the uncropped clip cos I’ve had a couple of comments in relation to my backwards reveal shots (this one and ones in the past), and whether or not they were in fact forward shots reversed. I just thought I’d show the whole clip to illustrate where I was standing, and the fact that I had a good view. No carelessness involved, just lucky and very watchful. Thanks for your comments and encouragement.

Reactions: Kendallfordguy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast