Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

* Sparkle *

droffarc

Join
Sep 13, 2018
The DJI Spark is really an outstanding drone.
I took mine out of the mothballs for a fly (not a moth) recently.
But I was careless!
On arival at the flight site, I received a fright when I took sight of my plight. On my cell phone I no longer had the Go 4 app, the flight software to control the spark!
I recall when I complained about certain aspects of the spark's performance, being told that it was the fault of my cellphone - by the local technician/salesman. "But" I countered, "Can you not fly it without a cellphone?"
"NO!" I was told.
AH! So!
Unperterbed, I set the drone up, no cellphone, pulled the sticks on the controller down to the centre and the props sprang into action... left stick up and the spark took to the air!
As long as I had line of sight (which is the legal requirement) I could fly the spark quite easily and there was no auntie telling me about nonsense like "...please check it on the map..." and "atti mode"!
I fiddled with the other controls and realised (from far off vague memory) that I could control the camera also - when the camera was on the front lights were off, so while I could not have FPView I could still enjoy the flight!
I set up my Osmo Mobile 3 in follow mode to record the moments of flight without the cell phone device - so much for the technician ( although there was no auntie to tell me that the "baddery" was low, I could judge this also by looking at the twinkling (sparkling) lights on the battery).
I will be using the spark again soon - it was so much fun (not like my mini 2 though).
Music as usual by
tricks-and-tips

The DJI Spark is really an outstanding drone.
I took mine out of the mothballs for a fly (not a moth) recently.
But I was careless!
On arival at the flight site, I received a fright when I took sight of my plight. On my cell phone I no longer had the Go 4 app, the flight software to control the spark!
I recall when I complained about certain aspects of the spark's performance, being told that it was the fault of my cellphone - by the local technician/salesman. "But" I countered, "Can you not fly it without a cellphone?"
"NO!" I was told.
AH! So!
Unperterbed, I set the drone up, no cellphone, pulled the sticks on the controller down to the centre and the props sprang into action... left stick up and the spark took to the air!
As long as I had line of sight (which is the legal requirement) I could fly the spark quite easily and there was no auntie telling me about nonsense like "...please check it on the map..." and "atti mode"!
I fiddled with the other controls and realised (from far off vague memory) that I could control the camera also - when the camera was on the front lights were off, so while I could not have FPView I could still enjoy the flight!
I set up my Osmo Mobile 3 in follow mode to record the moments of flight without the cell phone device - so much for the technician ( although there was no auntie to tell me that the "baddery" was low, I could judge this also by looking at the twinkling (sparkling) lights on the battery).
I will be using the spark again soon - it was so much fun (not like my mini 2 though).
Music as usual by
tricks-and-tips

That was great that you got the old girl up for a flight. I enjoyed your filming of the actual Spark in flight!

Last edited:
And you can ever fly it without the controller, al be it with simple hand gesture control.
I've never tried it, seems too risky for me some how !!

I have flown controller-less once or maybe twice, thankfully have both my ipad and phone loaded with go4 so hopefully I never have those drop off for any reason. Never have forgotten one device or the other.

And you can ever fly it without the controller, al be it with simple hand gesture control.
I've never tried it, seems too risky for me some how !!

I have flown controller-less once or maybe twice, thankfully have both my ipad and phone loaded with go4 so hopefully I never have those drop off for any reason. Never have forgotten one device or the other.
I must say that I have tried without the controller a few times but NAH! it's just gimmicky, iether that or my spark is a tad on the blind side, or just bloody obstinate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast