Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

another Spark Video... Ski Resort at Twilight

the you tube rendition doesn't do the video justice. playing the .mp4 on our 60" HD tv, man, is it sharp :) I'm impressed with the little guy.

BRRRRR!! Nicely done! I have never been snow skiing but I think it looks like fun. That is a nice ski resort. Great music too.

Reactions: Rmwac
BRRRRR!! Nicely done! I have never been snow skiing but I think it looks like fun. That is a nice ski resort. Great music too.
It was 10 above, but the Spark did a nice job with the cold. That flight was 11 air minutes... after the obligatory pre-flight fussing, and 30% battery warning sending me scurrying to land. The dicey thing about flying up a huge slope..... what if you lose signal, and bird goes into RTH? If you don't set that RTH to be above your max altitude, (I went the full 1640', and set RTH for that...) then RTH will drive the bird into the ground :(

Sparky does a great job of nailing detail, difficult lighting. Edited with Pinnacle Studio 19 Ultimate. 4900' out, and 1640' up.... barely lost 1 bar of signal strength.
That was really nice , I have been wanting to do that at our little resort , Mt Ashland, Oregon.
They just started night skiing. Will see if I can. I dont know if I have the gonads to try tho.,,haha. Nice job!

Gonads for.....skiing, skiing at nite, or flying drone up the mountain? I had a very good signal, 4900' out, and 1640' up. Video monitor was great. With the drone, just set lo battery warning at 30%, and an RTH height of the max. altitude you plan to fly. Set your max altitude box for 500m (1640'). You will never get more than 400' above terrain if you follow it up the slope. For exposure for noobs, hover about 50', face your scene. Set white balance to Sun or Cloud... Never Auto WB. Let it autoexpose, use EV -,+, to your taste, then LOCK autoexposure. Go fly. That'll get you in a ballpark you can later play with in the video editor. Lots of theory for manual exp, and shutter, ISO, etc. For later :)

Nice video I miss skiing I've been skiing for 30 years but thanks to a drunk driver I'm no longer able to :mad: keep the videos coming :)

That was really nice , I have been wanting to do that at our little resort , Mt Ashland, Oregon.
They just started night skiing. Will see if I can. I dont know if I have the gonads to try tho.,,haha. Nice job!
gonads for flying at the ski resort. really cool. Thanks for the instruction, I will work on it.

Excellent footage. Very cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme