Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Another Tiny Planet:)

I think I need someone to enlighten me, I really don't get this trend of sphere photos. There is no real clarity, can't visually appreciate any of the subject matter from the pic. I don't get it.

I think I need someone to enlighten me, I really don't get this trend of sphere photos. There is no real clarity, can't visually appreciate any of the subject matter from the pic. I don't get it.

Not to detract from the efforts of DiP, I too dont find them fascinating.... to me its a novelty. However, art is one of the most subjective things we have.

The "tiny planet" phenomenon is intriguing to me; I have seen some pretty remarkable images and video from 360 cameras. The quality of some of the cameras out there are not very good, but there are some really good ones out there as well. We're going to start seeing more Virtual Reality type technology and the tiny planets are kind of an off-shoot of that. Think Google Earth and on-the-ground virtual tours combined. With a good 360 camera, you can film a scene with multiple shots and angles just with that one camera. The quality is starting to improve and as we see different applications it might start to make more sense. Early adopters of new tech usually seem weird.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502