Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

At last some sun and no wind

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Beautiful afternoon here in Bristol UK so got two flights in. Interrupted briefly by low flying helicopter which I heard coming from a distance so got Spark down low (we have a heliport on top of our main hospital here which is about two miles from my take off point so I got an advisory to take care when flying). Had a “Gimble overload” message twice but it seems to clear itself-any thoughts?? Shot of the Severn Estuary with one of the two bridges visible in the background along with wind turbines. 08A57F68-AD9F-4EE8-BC4C-A9C8E477D04A.jpeg08A57F68-AD9F-4EE8-BC4C-A9C8E477D04A.jpeg

Attachments

• A493BDFD-A4E4-4711-B2F9-5A2690AD457A.jpeg
    A493BDFD-A4E4-4711-B2F9-5A2690AD457A.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 10
Yes! Great day for flying!!

Thanks for the comments and asking about circumstances. No I was maybe 3 minutes into flight, brought her back to eye level so I could check (age 74 with glasses!) seemed sluggish and perhaps didn’t extend through the full up/down range. After flying away from inspection it cleared, did it again, and cleared. No further problems nor for second flight. I can live with it but it is a pain.

I've only ever encountered those messages on the ground and it was usually physical interference causing it. Do you have any sunshade accessories or anything else which could touch your gimbal? If not, I'd be tempted to look for service on it.

No. I do have a protector on when it travels to take off but always removed before lift off. I bought her in the US and live in the UK and didn’t take out any service plans. I’ll see how it goes. I may try a wee spray of silicon into the gimbal (spelt correctly this time!) to see if that eases the surfaces. I lost her in the mud (and recovered her) in the West Coutry a few months back and spent the next 4 hours painstakingly cleaning every cm of the craft. I was very lucky but there may be a smidgeon of mud remaining somewhere. Fingers crossed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh