Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

ATTI Mode & Maximum Flight Altitude?

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
On P.47 of the manual it states that the max flight altitude of the Spark: "when GPS signal is weak and Vision System is inactivated" is 98' (30m). If I was flying at 40m and got kicked into ATTI as a result of a weak GPS signal or compass error would the craft descend to 30m or would this limit not be invoked at all since the craft was already past the max? I'm thinking the later.

On the same page of the manual it also states further below, "If the aircraft flies out of the limit, you can still control the aircraft, but you cannot fly it any farther." Does this mean, among other possible scenarios, that I can't gain any further altitude than what the craft is at currently when at or above 30m in ATTI mode? I ask as I didn't think there was any altitude limit at all while in ATTI mode, save for a self-imposed max or the overall max altitude limit of 500m.

spark_manual_p47.png

Attachments

• spark_manual_p47.png
    spark_manual_p47.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: I B Spectre
I have a related question... sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I expect what you are expecting.

I unfortunately ran into this while backpacking into a local canyon this weekend. Due to the high canyon walls, I got no GPS. I decided to fly cautiously and was disappointed to only get to 16ft.

So, is there some way around this? Maybe if you disable the VPS sensors so that it doesn't know altitude? I didn't try this at the time.

I have a related question... sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I expect what you are expecting.

I unfortunately ran into this while backpacking into a local canyon this weekend. Due to the high canyon walls, I got no GPS. I decided to fly cautiously and was disappointed to only get to 16ft.

So, is there some way around this? Maybe if you disable the VPS sensors so that it doesn't know altitude? I didn't try this at the time.

Go4 app doesn't allow you to disable VPS sensors in the Spark. You can do that via Litchi.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkwind

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast