Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Australian Bush Fire

From (almost exactly) the other side of the planet (The Netherlands) this disaster is difficult to comprehend. I can only hope Australia will recover and let's hope we can all do our best to prevent this from happening more often.
I was wondering however: I noticed the leaves still attached to the trees? Shouldn't they be burned completely? How does this work?

Reactions: Simon Cooper
Incredible devastation. The sheer scope of Australia's fires boggles the mind, not to mention the cost in lives both human and animal. Recovery will be generations long, provided another conflagration doesn't happen. My heart goes out to all those affected. Well flown, thoughtful music, thanks for sharing.

I am sorry that you had to endure that disaster Simon. And I thought that the wildfires that we have had here in the US were bad enough but seeing the news reports and videos every night here of the devastation and hearing of the lives both human and wildlife is heartbreaking. I feel a heavy sadness for you and your country and pray that this is over very quickly. If I had a way to get there and help, I would do it in a second. Take care and wishes for a speedy comeback from this.

Multikoe, the fire’s flames probably didn’t reach the tops of the trees in this case, possibly due to the wind. The leaves appear to be scorched/heat damaged, as opposed to burnt, as is the case with the lower tree trunks, limbs and scrub etc on the ground.

Reactions: Multikoe
graywoulf, as bad as it was for this particular part of the Adelaide Hills, it could have been much worse. The Eastern States (Victoria, The Australian Capital Territory and New South Wales) suffered much greater loss than we did. The fires are still out of control in heaps of areas.

Reactions: graywoulf
Simon, What an eye opener this is? A tragedy... You caught it so well with the video and music... (Who is the music by?)
Scooter

Thanks Scooter. I got the music from YouTube - No Copyright Music. Have a look at AShamaluevMusic.mp4

Great flying with the pullbacks (I would probably have crashed). Having seen alot of forest fires in my area, it always amazes me how the fire burns some trees completely and skips others. Yeah, hope your area recovers quickly.

sharps45, the regeneration, after a fire, is actually quite quick. At least those areas affected are unlikely to get hit again, the ‘fuel load’ has been drastically reduced.

Dragonfly Joe, thanks. Obviously, this footage is just the tip. Much larger areas of the Adelaide Hills, as well as three quarters of Kangaroo Island, an island off the coast of Adelaide, were severely affected. New South Wales and Victoria were hit even harder.

sharps45, the regeneration, after a fire, is actually quite quick. At least those areas affected are unlikely to get hit again, the ‘fuel load’ has been drastically reduced.
The pine forests in my area will be awhile before they're back. First the aspens, then the pines. Aspens are beautiful too, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast