Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery Life?

skipper20

Join
Dec 28, 2018
How do you determine how many times your battery has been charged and how much life it has remaining? Are non-OEM batteries as good as or better than the DJI original?

You can find the times charged count in the Aircraft Battery section of DJI GO. That count shows the number if times the battery is been charged from 0% to 100%. Since you're not able to charge the battery from 0% to %100 in a single charge, a count showing 10 (for example) means you likely put the battery on the charger at least 20 times.

DJI GO and/or the battery itself is not able to show exactly how much life is remaining. Replace the battery when it stops performing as designed. You'll be able to maximize the battery life by maintaining and storing your batteries like this:

HOW TO: Maintain and store your DJI Spark batteries

Reactions: nilanjan118
Theoretical lifespan of Spark Li-Hv battery is somewhere between 150-200 full charge cycles. It's you, as an user, who can affect the real battery health by taking proper care of it. I can recommend msingers manual linked by himself above. Just be aware that the theoretical lifespan of 200 cycles doesn't mean that the battery will hold as much as new one after 100 cycles. It's a fact that the battery is losing some of its capacity every single time you charge it.

For example the oldest two of my four batteries (those came with my Spark when I bought it) are at around 70-75 charge cycles now and they are showing total available capacity of around 1270 miliamps when fully charged. The newest battery I have is now at 8 cycles showing around 1430 miliamps. The real difference in flight time is around 2 minutes (from the oldest batteries I can get around 11 minutes before reaching 30% and on the newest battery I can easily get 13 mins).
DJI-GO4-aplikace-Spark-4-1024x576.png

When the battery gets older, it's good to observe the cells voltage balance too (three bars on the top with voltage readings underneath them) before and even mid-flight. It means that the difference between 3 cells shouldn't be bigger than 0,05 Volts (like 4.10V - 4.11V - 4.03V). If the voltage on one or more cells drops suddenly, the remaining battery percentage will drop too (you might read some complaints about battery charge drop from like 50% to 10% in a single second) forcing the aircraft to do emergency landing or worse.

I don't want to scare anybody but I believe it's good to know this.

Reactions: nilanjan118
i hope dji will make a more lifespan battery for spark
actually they will not because for them it's always better option to force you buy the new one since they're doing it for money, not for fun. Luckily the Spark batteries actualy aren't expensive compared to other DJI drones (for example Mavic Pro flight battery costs almost twice as much as Spark's and expected lifespan is actually the same according to DJI since it contains pretty same type of Li-Hv cells, just with a higher capacity)

Reactions: unding
Ya, development for the Spark is done and dusted. As long as you can buy new batteries, you can keep going, but expecting any enhancements, that ship has sailed. They want you to buy a new drone. (preferably theirs)

Reactions: monty.roman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe