Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery not charging

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, DauntingFoil.

It will take a moment before they start charging.
They don't charge immediately after being placed in the charger.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome to the forum. I'm interested in hearing a little more about your charging setup to understand your problem better. As example, I can plug my Spark into a USB port on my computer but it won't charge probably because it is a USB 1.0 port and that might not source enough current ("not powerful enough") to power the charging system.

Welcome to the forum. I'm interested in hearing a little more about your charging setup to understand your problem better. As example, I can plug my Spark into a USB port on my computer but it won't charge probably because it is a USB 1.0 port and that might not source enough current ("not powerful enough") to power the charging system.
To charge I use the standard micro USB and the charging adapter that came with the Spark.

Try a different cable. Try a different charging block. Try a different wall outlet. Try to juice the battery out of the drone in a dedicated charging hub (if you have access to one).

If none of those work and the same setup will charge the remote then your battery is dead.
Well I have tried all the above but I’ll keep trying and if it’s dead it won’t hurt much to buy a new one thank you.

Well I have tried all the above but I’ll keep trying and if it’s dead it won’t hurt much to buy a new one thank you.

Yep. If the battery didn't work in the DJI charging hub then it's a goner.

If still under warranty you can send it to DJI for a replacement. That's what others have done successfully.

U

I didn’t get the warranty unfortunately but I’m not too worried about it. I can shell out the cash for a new battery no problem.

All new DJI Spark come with 12 month limited warranty. It doesn't cover normal wear and tear on battery from typical use but if yours suddenly died prematurely you can get a free replacement. They can run a diagnostic on it and see if it's covered. Worth a try to save $45.

Just an idea, but I had this happen to all 3 of my batteries recently. When was the last time you charged it? I realised it had been a couple of weeks since mine had been used and remembered reading they go into sleep mode after 10 days. I put each one into the Spark one by one, turning it on and connecting it to the controller + Go 4 app each time. After this, they all charged fine in the charging hub.

Yours might just need 'waking up' ?

When I do a single tap on the battery’s button it will give me an indication of its battery level but when I go to charge it no lights will light up on the battery.
sounds like the internal bms is gone.... the bms is what charges it.. and ballances.. etc.... people think its external in the dji charger but its not... if you can find a bms on ebay for the battery there cheap then wire it in externally on the bottom and voila you saved the batter and only spent less than 10 bucks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex