Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery showing 24% but has 3 lights?

SparkinItUp

Join
Sep 15, 2019
Hello All...I have a battery that is only 2 months old. I hooked it up to my charging bank (battery at room temp) and it didn't charge. It's not my dock because I'm currently charging 3 other batteries on it. I read a post that said to put the battery in my Spark and run it down to about 20-25%, which I did. I looked at the battery level in the DJI GO4 app and it said 24%, but had two solid lights with the 3rd light blinking when connected to the Spark.
I plugged it back into my charging bank (by itself) and it started charging...until I plugged my two other batteries in the two remaining bays and it stopped. I then plugged it back into the dock by itself and it started charging again with with 3 blinking lights and seems to be charging fine, now up to the fourth light. Strange issue that I haven't experienced yet. The 24% doesn't match up with the 3 lights on the battery, not to mention the weird charging issue. Has anyone had a similar experience?

There will be others better qualified to answer this but I experience no charging on my charging bank (supplied with the FlyMore pack) and I simply switch the three batteries around and try again. The lights on the batteries themselves sometimes don’t light up straight away but start maybe in 10 seconds. Is the bank itself showing the little light when you plug it in?

Sometimes when I put three (cooled down) batteries in the charging dock one of them will wait for a while before charging if the battery level is much different than the other two. I believe this is by design, something about charging the lowest one first or vice versa. But if it the battery in question never charges with the other two plugged in then there may be an issue. The 24% and the LEDs do seem off though. With two solids and one blinking the batt level should be between 50-63%.

Reactions: SparkinItUp
I looked at the battery level in the DJI GO4 app and it said 24%, but had two solid lights with the 3rd light blinking when connected to the Spark.

Probably unrelated, but I had a flight the the other day when Ms. DJI announced critical battery level, landing.

I had 68% battery but it was automatically doing a force landing. Luckily the Spark was only 50 feet up and 20 feet away so I was able to safely land. I turned the battery off then on and continued the flight with no problems. Weird.

I was screen recording at the time, but I have done it in the past with no issues.

Reactions: SparkinItUp
Sometimes when I put three (cooled down) batteries in the charging dock one of them will wait for a while before charging if the battery level is much different than the other two. I believe this is by design, something about charging the lowest one first or vice versa. But if it the battery in question never charges with the other two plugged in then there may be an issue. The 24% and the LEDs do seem off though. With two solids and one blinking the batt level should be between 50-63%.
Yes, I was aware of the charging sequence on the charger...I waited for a good 5 mins for it to start charging, but it didn’t happen. Now I’m worried (after reading what happened to Spark 317) about using that battery because I do a lot of flying over the bay/ocean/lakes. I guess I’ll be testing that battery over dry land and not too far away to see what happens.

Reactions: RotorWash
Yes sir, see response to Spark 317.

I guess I’ll be testing that battery over dry land and not too far away to see what happens.

I’ll be keeping an eye on battery #4 as well.

I think it may be the Go4 app and not the battery because it worked fine after cycling the power off/on the battery and the Go4 app.

3F64DBA7-1D2F-44A4-8117-3D8B6D325DD8.jpeg

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe