Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best Ipad Mini Holder for Spark?

Walter Hall

Join
Mar 22, 2018
Hi there!

So of all of the holders out there, and there are too many. Which Ipad mini holder is the best for flying Spark?

Regards,

Walt

Hi there!

So of all of the holders out there, and there are too many. Which Ipad mini holder is the best for flying Spark?

Regards,

Walt
I bought this one...

https://goo.gl/y4uzNN

and I like it a lot. It will fold down flat with a small amount of effort but is very stable when in use. Made of metal. I love the neck strap. It will also fit my Iphone SE. Works in Landscape or Portrait mode.... I use landscape.

Hi there!

Regards,

Walt

Do you not like using the remote? Mine didn't fit, but it's a simple mod to fix that.

I use PYG tech for my ipad mini and ipad Air 2, good quality and works well

I use a Dirty J. Design holder.

If you want to put the iPad in the controller with the benefit of a neck lanyard, try this.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
One flight using this phone/ipad holder will convince you. It so much nicer than having your device down low.

I have the same holder which is very nice by the way: it's made out of metal, it's sturdy and it can fold (10 out of 10). I bought it thinking I was going to like it better than having the iPad mini at the bottom of the controller but I got to say that I prefer much better having the iPad mini at the bottom of the controller than having it with the table holder. It has to do with the entire setup bulkiness and the ease/speed of the setup.

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Mavmount all the way. Can't beat the quality but it's a pretty penny. For a mount the pricing is more expensive than most of the mounts out there. At the end of the day I like quality items and although I vow that I wasn't going to spend so much on a mount, I finally did because of these main reasons.

- Mavmount mounts the tablet in a balance fashion. In other words, with the mounted tablet/phone, the mount allows the controller to sit up right. It's a minor thing but when you're holding it or have to set it down, it sits right (balanced). Hard to explain but there was a video about it somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up.

- Secondly, it allows multiple mount points. For instance on a Mavic controller, I can have "dual" screen where I can see the controller screen as well as the tablet or I can mount it so it completely covers it. I know it shows the same information so why do I need it to be dual screen? But little details of the options.

- Ballhead. I know some mounts have ball head as well but I like how they made it both a ball head and it can turn in different direction with one little knob.

Mavmount all the way. Can't beat the quality but it's a pretty penny. For a mount the pricing is more expensive than most of the mounts out there. At the end of the day I like quality items and although I vow that I wasn't going to spend so much on a mount, I finally did because of these main reasons.

- Mavmount mounts the tablet in a balance fashion. In other words, with the mounted tablet/phone, the mount allows the controller to sit up right. It's a minor thing but when you're holding it or have to set it down, it sits right (balanced). Hard to explain but there was a video about it somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up.

- Secondly, it allows multiple mount points. For instance on a Mavic controller, I can have "dual" screen where I can see the controller screen as well as the tablet or I can mount it so it completely covers it. I know it shows the same information so why do I need it to be dual screen? But little details of the options.

- Ballhead. I know some mounts have ball head as well but I like how they made it both a ball head and it can turn in different direction with one little knob.

The thread is titled THE BEST afterall.:)

Although I don't have one (yet), I totally agree that the pilots that do have one, love it.

One flight using this phone/ipad holder will convince you. It so much nicer than having your device down low.

My biggest issue now is getting a good shade for it. Bigger screen, but still can't see it well in the Sun. Even blocking out the sun by standing near something casting a shadow really doesn't help enough. (also getting video lag unfortunately)

I know this may be off topic, but I find the best view with no issue of glare from the sun is a cheap pair of vr goggles holding my iphone 6 close to my face. 20 bucks as opposed to DJI goggles at $349. I use Litchi for this purpose. Otherwise, I modded my controller by notching the side so it opens wide enough to hold the ipad mini. I prefer it down below the conroller. My hands shield it from the sun somewhat. I have a holder that holds it above the sticks but hated how bulky it was both in use, and as another piece to pack around

The iPad Mini4 fits in the controller and works well for me, sun sucks but sound like other holders have same problem. If I had a full size iPad I could see the holder.

Hi there!

Regards,

Walt
I got the Polar Pro for Mavic at Best Buy, I like it because it’s light but sturdy. A bit expensive than the one I got from Amazon but it’s worth it. Check Polar Pro online.

Does anyone know if a first edition iPad mini will work with our Spark and DJI Go4 app?

Does anyone know if a first edition iPad mini will work with our Spark and DJI Go4 app?
It's not compatible. You must use one of the Apple devices listed here.

OK, thanks - bummer. I'm trying to find something bigger than my iPhone X for just flying without breaking the bank! I get tired of having to remove the case from my phone to put it in the controller, too - I wanted to find something that I didn't care if it got dinged up a little, be easier to see, and be able to quickly put in the holder, etc. - maybe even a bigger iPhone, like the 6 Plus or above. Thanks for the info, I'll see if there's anything on the list I can find for cheap!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme