Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best portable charger for Spark!?

The point is to save your $ for it bc it's probably going to cost more than any ac equipped portable bank.

just throw in my .02c, I was in europe a few weeks ago and didn't bring the charging hub for the spark and solely used the micro USB to charge the 2 batteries that I brought with me. on the rare occasion that I was not close to an AC adapter, I would use my Aukey 10k Mah battery pack to charge the batteries and I have to say, I was very impressed with this device. I was able to not just charge the spark but also my iphone and my global wifi hotspot and it still had some juice left. This is a good idea when you're flying out somewhere and want to top off the battery while flying another..... here's a link to that battery pack https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JIYWUBA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers!

Reactions: Harnanto
just throw in my .02c, I was in europe a few weeks ago and didn't bring the charging hub for the spark and solely used the micro USB to charge the 2 batteries that I brought with me. on the rare occasion that I was not close to an AC adapter, I would use my Aukey 10k Mah battery pack to charge the batteries and I have to say, I was very impressed with this device. I was able to not just charge the spark but also my iphone and my global wifi hotspot and it still had some juice left. This is a good idea when you're flying out somewhere and want to top off the battery while flying another..... here's a link to that battery pack https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JIYWUBA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers!
Thanks for the link. In your post you mentioned topping off a battery while flying another. Does this battery pack connect to the battery or only to the Spark? Thanks again.

If you have a car, you can plug a 150w (with peak power 300w) inverter as power source for charging hub. Mine is successfully charge 3 batteries using this method.

Hi, I live in southern Chile, in Patagonia we have right now a winter season like when I was young (sorry for my english), cold and wet. When I go climbing or trekking, I have been using the Nitecore F2 charger, with one or two 18650 LG HG2 batteries. The work very well, are more or less lightweight, and you can choose if you use one or two batteries, or bring one or two more. Hope it helps, fly safe...

Attachments

• Volcan Osorno.JPG
    Volcan Osorno.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 53
If you have a car, you can plug a 150w (with peak power 300w) inverter as power source for charging hub. Mine is successfully charge 3 batteries using this method.
I do the same except I only have a 120W inverter but it still charges 3 batteries without a problem. USB charging is still handy as hell when away from the car for a while but so much quicker using the inverter plugged into the car.

....I forgot to add, each 18650 battery has a capacity of 3000 mAh. The Nitecore F2 charger has 2 usb ports, and in cold weather (0 degrees C) I had to put all in my sleeping bag, and could charge the controller and one battery at the same time in +/- 1 h. As you can see in the picture, there is frost in the ground, but as long as you fly slow (no sports mode!) , you should not have troubles, during that flight I could reach 500 m high....

Attachments

• c DJI_0287.JPG
    c DJI_0287.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: Kilrah
any suggestions?
I just bought this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019IFIJW8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For around $250 you can get a larger one that comes with a standard power outlet that you can plug the charger into and do multiple batteries at once.
I opted for the $49 option, and a total of 5 batteries. I was about to order a 6th battery but figured for the same price I could get something that could charge batteries and the RC too. I have a car inverter too.

Charge through micro usb but use quick charge 2 or 3.0 to save much time!! <1hour vs 2-3 hours!!

Yeah definitely just go for a fast charge usb phone charger. That way you can just bring around a single charger for both your phone and your drone. They sell two-port versions of these, though sadly you can only charge one battery at once because it needs to be in the drone :s

I do the same except I only have a 120W inverter but it still charges 3 batteries without a problem. USB charging is still handy as hell when away from the car for a while but so much quicker using the inverter plugged into the car.
Hi, What is the charging time using the converter to charge 3 batteries and controller? About the same as plugged into ac outlet at home? Will the inverter do any damage to batteries, controller?
Thank you, Craig~

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GregorioDy