Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best way to mount the Spark on a cameras via shoe mount ?

Torovolt

Join
Oct 4, 2019
I’m trying to mount my Spark on top of a camera (Canon M6 II) to work as remove live feed monitoring over long distances.
Ideally it needs to be light weight compact and affordable.
PS This wont be flying, it is for remote operation on the ground for wildlife photography.
Any ideas are appreciated, thanks.

I hot glued a clamp shaped moulding, that surrounded the body with just enough gap at the top to insert or remove the Spark.
When set the glue is solid enough but has a little flexibility if you 'feather the edge' of the Spark opening gap.
It took a few glue sticks to build up the shape but it worked. It also had a suitable mount at the base, for any fitting.
Just avoid the sensors and make it sturdy enough to trust.
The rough shape is easily mouldable throughout the process.

Hope I have explained it clearly... Good Luck making a mount! Post a pic when you have made yours.

Thanks, I thought about it, but I still want to use the Spark for flying when is not mounted.
I was also wondering to just buy an Osmo action camera now that they are cheap but I need a solid live video feed to go more than 40 feet away.
I might get a Mic shoe mount and adapt it to fit the Spark but it is difficult to find a simple elegant solution.
I also have a Katana Spark holder but it too big to use as a mount.
Will post a pic once I came up with a solution.

You might give this a look.

There are cheaper ones available on the web.

Search for ...

It might give you an idea about how to do it. ?

Is the camera on the ground, short tripod, tall tripod??? Not really sure at all of the environmental features, grassland, wooded, swamp, rocky terrain, . . . Could you, maybe use an old shoebox, Tupperware box, etc.? What wildlife are you looking for? Alligators, Black bear, chipmunk, deer, grizzly, wolf, coyote, human, boar? What about the noise from the Spark just being turned on? The fan will be running! What distance are you photographing from? Human scent?

You might give this a look.

There are cheaper ones available on the web.

Search for ...

It might give you an idea about how to do it. ?
That is so clever. If you’ve forgotten your still camera, or video you can shoot away happily. Suspect the Grandkids would say “What on earth are you doing with that stuff Grandad”!

Reactions: Spark 317
Suspect the Grandkids would say “What on earth are you doing with that stuff Grandad”!

I can imagine the scenario...

"Grandad has lost it. We thought it was supposed to fly, but he carries it around like a camera." ?

To all:
My camera is mounted on a DJI Ronin SC gimbal. Basically it is like a stationary Drone, it can’t fly but I can Pan and Tilt remotely using the gimbal to shoot anything. Problem is DJI never gave this Gimbal a Video Live transmission like all their Drones have.
Here is where the Spark comes to give me a live video feed when mounted on top of the camera but it has been hard to find a solution since there are no adapters for this type of usage.
Hope I gave more clarity to what I’m trying to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef