Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

'Bike Build'... the concept+days1-19

Caught up through Day 19 Brian. Noah's bike is so impressive. I would love to see the look on the boys face when he realizes what Grandpa built him. In the meanwhile he can ride his rocking horse to get a feel of your ingenious design and craftsmanship. Thanks for the video my friend.
... and to think he started with a simple stick of aluminum! Amazing. :cool:

Caught up through Day 19 Brian. Noah's bike is so impressive. I would love to see the look on the boys face when he realizes what Grandpa built him. In the meanwhile he can ride his rocking horse to get a feel of your ingenious design and craftsmanship. Thanks for the video my friend.
Good stuff on the catch up work Dragonfly Joe!
Your kind words and encouragement are really appreciated.
I hope my legacy to my Sons and Grandchildren is that a few handskills and a LOT of looking at the problem can create solutions and turn into 'things that work'...

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
... and to think he started with a simple stick of aluminum! Amazing. :cool:
hahaha, yep it did start very basic... hahaha
Thank you for the kind words and continued encouragement Rotorwash.
Can I share an old story...
Thirty odd years ago myself and my late Wife were thinking of ways to motivate our three school ages Sons. My wife had a whole raft of Qualifications and was a very cherished Nursing Sister, I was a Mech Fitter from a Shipyard but had left school without any Qualifications... All my CAD, Robotics, IT stuff had come after I left school...
So..., I wrote a small book on tuning an engine for kart racing, bought a 286 pc, learnt html and built a website... 10 days after concept I had sold my first book, on CDRom.
The book went all over the globe and my lads looked forward to the postman arriving each day with letters from across the World. ( I asked customers to include local currency in their payment) The lads had a large World map pinned up and would see which country was where as CDRom orders arrived.
This was my first foray into motivating my lads and showing them you could create something form nothing.

What a great story Brian, thank you for sharing it with us! Noah's bike will serve as a great example for him to ponder upon as he grows up, like planting seeds that sprout for a lifetime. I think you would have to try very hard not to be an inspiration for your children and grandson. Well done my friend!

What a great story Brian, thank you for sharing it with us! Noah's bike will serve as a great example for him to ponder upon as he grows up, like planting seeds that sprout for a lifetime. I think you would have to try very hard not to be an inspiration for your children and grandson. Well done my friend!
One of my lads is now a Producer in F1... another is a Maths wizard and the eldest is in VR... so...they all got my Wife's brains and my good looks! Cheers Rotorwash!

Thank you for sharing that life lesson Brian. The accomplishments of your three sons is a direct reflection of your wife and yourself. Those seeds that you both planted will continue to be sowed in the next and future generations. You have every right to be proud of all you do. I'm glad to know you.
Now go catch a record size carp or just enjoy trying.

Joe

Thank you for sharing that life lesson Brian. The accomplishments of your three sons is a direct reflection of your wife and yourself. Those seeds that you both planted will continue to be sowed in the next and future generations. You have every right to be proud of all you do. I'm glad to know you.
Now go catch a record size carp or just enjoy trying.

Joe
Thank Dragonfly Joe... you know when you feel comfortable around some people... well that's how I feel since re-joining this Sparkpilots group...
It's a big part of my comms these days... making stuff, making vids and sharing here.

re: fishing: it looks like April before we can travel, so fishing is just at the planning stage for now. I do have a new idea for this year's campaign tho'...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67