Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

BIRDS BIRDS ☠

I've seen quite a few videos on Youtube of drones being attacked by Seagulls. They seem to be the most aggressive.

The only thing I've ever countered with birds are Hawks who seem to be interested in my Mavic and will fly towards it and make wide circles above it...

A YouTuber from TN (Ken Heron) has a pair of "eye" stickers on his Phantom (s). He said they work. Some jet engine manufacturer's paint white "wobbles" on the cones to indicate engine rotation to the ground crew and possibly birds too.
I think the Spark would look cute and menacing with big googly eyes.

Reactions: Mcbrich
Yes. The birds seem to really like my Spark too. They show up every time I fly. They appear to be more curious then anything.

Yeah I'm having this problem also. I've actually got a clip where a group of small birds keeped swooping pass my spark (white colour) 4 or 5 times/passes. So while the family was amazed "wow he's flying with the birds".. I was freaking out trying to get away from them.
Screenshot_20170716-105924.png

Cool, what kind of birds are these..?

Put that left stick straight up. Unless they were in a dive it's hard for them to climb that fast. Then move away.

Reactions: RoccoT312
I've been just putting it in sport mode and jettin out of there but climbing in altitude is a good idea

I have noticed that birds are curious. A change in altitude up or down they go away.

Im having a huge problem with mocking birds chasing after mine. Its every single time I fly. Its gotten so bad that I hardly fly anymore. Sport mode and altitude are the only thing saving my butt.

This Family Guy clip makes laugh when he gets a drone, and suffers from a bird [emoji211] attack [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

Reactions: Hackeron
Same problem here in Spain with some curious pigeons.
Flighting around the Spark 3 times, each one more close, put Spark into Sport mode and run away...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef