Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Bloody Seagulls!

Surfnut

Join
Feb 23, 2019
I was in for a lovely time recently, the sun was setting the water was calm, but I ended up cutting things short and packing up after both myself and my drone were repeatedly attacked by a flaming seagull. I dont think he`d ve come off that well against the spark, but I couldnt chance it over water, but it s a shame. Ive got scraps instead of plenty of good choice video to choose from. You can see him at various points. What you cant see are the bits with him where I jerked the remote cos I was being divebombed and shrieked at! :)

That's some great camera movements. Especially with the speed changes you added in post. Beautiful location even with the haze from low sun. I'd love to fly there.

That seagull was mad. I could hear him and his buddies in the background constantly. You were wise to avoid him

Reactions: Surfnut
That's some great camera movements. Especially with the speed changes you added in post. Beautiful location even with the haze from low sun. I'd love to fly there.

That seagull was mad. I could hear him and his buddies in the background constantly. You were wise to avoid him
Thanks Andre :) It is a beautiful spot. It`s in Looe, Cornwall if anyone s interested...

Reactions: Andre Levite
What happened from 1:25 on?!?
Do you know, I ve no idea? Im using Power Director 17 and its normally faultless, so when I realized it was doing that I assumed I`d missed a rogue video clip, but Ive been back over it with a fine toothed comb, and I`m xxxxxx if I can find anything! :)

Thanks Andre :) It is a beautiful spot. It`s in Looe, Cornwall if anyone s interested...
You re right about the seagullls Andre. We have a couple on our roof, and normally they re not too bad, but we ve noticed they go absolutely mad this time of year (mating hormones presumably) and seem to feel constantly threatened and over react. I was no where near any nests as its a tidal area. Pity Spark cant fire homing missiles! ;)

Whats also odd, was it was really cold and windy, so much so that I almost didnt fly. Its doesnt show in the water because it was offshore and there was a hill sheltering me from some of it, but Im amazed what a good job the Spark did in the circumstances...

You re right about the seagullls Andre. We have a couple on our roof, and normally they re not too bad, but we ve noticed they go absolutely mad this time of year (mating hormones presumably) and seem to feel constantly threatened and over react. I was no where near any nests as its a tidal area. Pity Spark cant fire homing missiles! ;)

Well, you could likely mount a pair of plastic tubes underneath with bottle rockets but lighting them off in flight would be a head scratcher.
NB

That bird did look a little angry lol, Nice job though, under the circumstances, I don't blame you for packing up and legging it outta there, I think I would have done the same.

They’re deffo nesting and mating at the mo and therefore territorial, a wandering Spark is like a red rag to a bull. Here in central Bristol it’s what we wake up to every morning April/May. Then onwards we have the delights of teaching the young birds to fly which is even noisier. Heyho. Great footage though. Is Power Director an app for a device or is it PC based?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis