Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Bluebell Woods in Cornwall, UK

So thrilling to watch! Nothing like that in my neck of the woods. Nicely captured.

Reactions: Surfnut
Lovely video! Some expert piloting there in difficult conditions. How did you get such smooth panning shots? Mine are always a little jerky. Tripod mode?

For those of you not from the UK, bluebell woods are a unique phenomenon to the British Isles. When the last ice age came through, most of the UK was covered in glaciers and only a small area of the south remained free of it. As a result, a lot of woodland species went extinct, especially the early spring flowerers. When the ice age ended, the land bridge with the continent flooded before many had got back to the islands, thus greatly limiting our woodland biodiversity. As a result of this, bluebells are one of the few early flowerers in this the UK and Eire.

What is also interesting about this video is that some of the bluebells are hybrids between the english bluebell and the spanish one. The bluebell population here is a 'hybrid swam'- basically a mix of mutts and moggies. Gorgeous to look at all the same!

@Surfnut Good job on the video. Those woods are so pretty. Makes me think God is an incredible artist.
Thanks days of Noah. You should see the clips that I dont post! :) I've somehow not crashed yet, but I`m not sure how... I`ve certainly clipped the odd twig, and Im thinking of using her as a lawnmower the amount of grass I `dislodge`!

Reactions: McCloudSpark
Lovely video! Some expert piloting there in difficult conditions. How did you get such smooth panning shots? Mine are always a little jerky. Tripod mode?

For those of you not from the UK, bluebell woods are a unique phenomenon to the British Isles. When the last ice age came through, most of the UK was covered in glaciers and only a small area of the south remained free of it. As a result, a lot of woodland species went extinct, especially the early spring flowerers. When the ice age ended, the land bridge with the continent flooded before many had got back to the islands, thus greatly limiting our woodland biodiversity. As a result of this, bluebells are one of the few early flowerers in this the UK and Eire.

What is also interesting about this video is that some of the bluebells are hybrids between the english bluebell and the spanish one. The bluebell population here is a 'hybrid swam'- basically a mix of mutts and moggies. Gorgeous to look at all the same!
Thankyou Ophidia. I appreciate that :) No, its just me flying her in normal mode. Its funny I planned to be making great use of that, and some of the other special modes, but I havent used one yet... You wont see much high stuff from me, I`m paranoid about flyaways, but it suits me cos I love the low down stuff...

Some great flying well done and you captured some lovely footage. We are lucky with our bluebell woods. Visited our’s last week but only had my video camera. Should have taken Spark.

Brilliant well done. I tried similar in woods next to me but just could not get camera to pickup on the blues despite over an hour flight time. Very sad.
Thankyou Charlie. I’m sorry to hear that. I probably just got lucky with the lighting...

Some great flying well done and you captured some lovely footage. We are lucky with our bluebell woods. Visited our’s last week but only had my video camera. Should have taken Spark.
Thanks Twickers. We are :) Yes I don’t take my video camera anymore... maybe I should...?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast