Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Boat tubing from the spark

Mtntrogger

Join
Aug 16, 2019
This edit took me forever ! In the past I have used the active track feature to get smooth shots of boat action, however I wanted more dynamic angles so I am trying to learn how to fly around the boat from the sticks. Cant wait for summer again so I can work on more of these skills.

Last edited:
This edit took me forever ! In the past I have used the active track feature to get smooth shots of boat action, however I wanted more dynamic angles so I am trying to learn how to fly around the boat from the sticks. Cant wait for summer again so I can work on more of these skills.
nice flying! Subbed

Reactions: Mtntrogger
Do you take off and land on the boat, a moving target? What if its windy? I have seen videos on boat launch and landing but seemed like the boats were bigger and therefore bigger targets. Any hints would be appreciated.

Do you take off and land on the boat, a moving target? What if its windy? I have seen videos on boat launch and landing but seemed like the boats were bigger and therefore bigger targets. Any hints would be appreciated.
Great Question ! Yes I take off and land from my boat. Taking off isnt such a big deal, BUT landing it always makes me nervous. I generally try to set it down on the swim deck, but it always seems like a small target, especially when then boat is drifting around. The wake tower is the main obstacle to avoid, and it does mess with the birds sensors. I have had to resort to hand "catching" it several times. Not too big of a deal, Im just gunshy from one of the times the hand catch didnt go well. Fortunately that time was on dry land, but the prop went halfway through my finger and nail, sprayed blood all over the bird ! Ever since then I get a bit nervous to handsnatch it out of the air. If it was significantly windy I dont think I would fly from the boat.

I have had to resort to hand "catching" it several times. Not too big of a deal, Im just gunshy from one of the times the hand catch didnt go well. Fortunately that time was on dry land, but the prop went halfway through my finger and nail, sprayed blood all over the bird ! Ever since then I get a bit nervous to handsnatch it out of the air. If it was significantly windy I dont think I would fly from the boat.
I haven't tried these but maybe worth checking out. Hand guard for Spark

spark_hand_guard.jpg

Great video, thanks for sharing!

nice flying. It is easy to practice when it is this much fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe