Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark emergency shut off not working

Mtntrogger

Join
Aug 16, 2019
Im sure this has probably happened to someone else on here. Was flying behind my boat a few days ago, first using dji go, then using litchi. I was struggling with the palm landing so decided to do the ol grab and flip move to engage the emergency shut off that happens when the bird is inverted. However the props kept spinning even while I was holding it upside down. I had to carefully move a finger to the battery button while the props whirred away trying to fly "inverted into the floor of the boat ! Fortunately that shut er down, and the next flight I was able to set it down on the swim deck successfully, which can be really difficult (its only about a foot and a half wide from the back of the boat). I kept getting warnings while in flight saying error land and contact dji if problem persists or something like that. Does anyone have any experience with this issue ? I am planning on ripping a few packs this afternoon to try to figure things out. It also had serious problems with the active track and follow me modes. Wondering whats up

Did the emergency shut off not work in Litchi? or both Litchi and DJI app? It's always worked in the DJI app for me.

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
I believe I had a time as well, that the flipping the Spark sideways did not turn off the drone like I thought it would. I also had a time recently where it was flying with speed into an opening in the trees in front of me and clipped a light branch. The Spark did a tumble and lost about 10 feet and recovered before hitting the ground. I flew it back to me.

I was struggling with the palm landing so decided to do the ol grab and flip move to engage the emergency shut off that happens when the bird is inverted. However the props kept spinning even while I was holding it upside down.
Once you are able to catch the bird, you can also hold down on the left joystick (descend) to shut off the motors.

Last time I tried a palm landing with catch and flip sideways to shut down I left a trailing index finger which promptly got sliced, nail included!! Never again. Hope you get the help you need.

Reactions: Tglass0000

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme