Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Breaking the law.... Or not.

Another example of an idiot who should taste public humiliation is the moron who recently flew his drone 1500 ft altitude and crashed it into a wing of a comuter plane making an approach to a runway in Canada. But then maybe the law should keep it private.
Anyone flying over 400ft without a NOTAM is surely an idiot. In the words of Bruce Simpson so are the AV pilots that fly under 500ft outside of airfield airspace but I see it every day. Helicopter pilots especially, believe the sky is theirs. Ultralight pilots buzz the beaches and sight seeing businesses are being paid for it.

So the real issue is why are the rules allowed to be ignored unless you are a UAV pilot. The other violators get zero public ridicule.

Another example of an idiot who should taste public humiliation is the moron who recently flew his drone 1500 ft altitude and crashed it into a wing of a comuter plane making an approach to a runway in Canada. But then maybe the law should keep it private.
Possible.
However, no evidence was provided that the incident was from a drone. E.g., birds are much more frequent at 450 m altitude in front of an intern'l airport's runway ...

Pretty normal since so far most of the alledged "drone hits" have been fakes. If you ring a false fire alarm every day for a month when it goes off for real nobody will move.

Last edited:
No, I picked it up from concerns about the incident expressed elsewhere in some drone youtube channel.

As I said, possible. But we really don't know, or don't know yet. Since when do we believe something is true because some officer said so, or even some minister? Remember the Iraq weapons of mass destruction? No evidence, no incident ... This is hear say from a pilot hitting something when landing.

Denial or suspicion it's worth proper investigation and will most likely receive one. The real issue is, will the results of the investigation be a news item if it was a bird. I guess it will be the last you hear or worse, the first news item will be referenced as evidence. Either way the drone safety record will be marred.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena