Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Bridge over the River Kwai

Hook669

Join
Mar 3, 2019
Flown with my DJI Spark short clip going under the bridge using DJI OSMO pocket I don't get to fly much here in Thailand but so far no problems. It took mouths to get authorization to fly here so when I do I fly I fly very responsible as always for the safety of others, big time fine here if they want to pursue it for doing stupid stuff. This bridge is located in Kanchanaburi Thailand it is a historic World War II bridge many people perished during the building of the rail system from Bangkok Thailand to Burma now known as Myanmar.

@Hook669 : AWESOME subject matter! A couple of constructive suggestions:

#1 - When yawing with the Spark, it has jerky video due to only having 2 gimbals. If you slow down your yaw action, it helps. Especially if you combine the yaw action with move left or right action. It smooths out the video. But you gotta do those moves really slow.
#2 - When you are flying from point A to point B, commit to flying straight there. Don't do jerky trim actions on the way, that causes your video to be distracting and not smooth.
#3 - Like @pmshop mentioned above, trim up your video, 9 minutes is a little long, especially with long sequences of the same subject from far away.

I really like how you rode in the boat and saw the bridge from underneath. Some similar shots from up on the bridge itself would have been nice, too. And the ending dedication. I hope to see more from you soon!

All critique well taken I am my worst enemy when I make my videos they are too long and to much dead air time. Yes the Spark is a little touchy in the yaw axis I try and not use but you have to at some point. Just one of the down sides of flying the Spark with a two gimbaled axis camera. I didn't want to push it to far by flying over the bridge do to many people walking on it and the line of site factor.
A week prior I did this flight/video which I made major mistakes first off I got a message I was in a different region/country which changed some setting. It put in FPV and not follow mode caught that mistake too late. I shot in auto mode with the camera that was on purpose I didn't want to mess with too much on my first Flt. The air quality was bad that evening there in sugar cane harvest time here and they burn it off before they cut it that's my excuse. I am working on my 17" laptop with a new editing program so there is a big learning curve figuring that out. Away thanks for all your help and tips much appreciated I hope this one doesn’t give anyone a headache LOL. Fly safe....Hook669

Hey, I've been there! The museum is a must-see. There were no consumer drones back when I visited, wish I could have taken one though. What kind of hoops did you have to go through to get permission?
Great vid, by the way, thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef