Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cadbury Camp Iron Age fort

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Managed to get out yesterday for a quick spin and found ourselves at the above. The Camp is basically a hill fort built in the Bronze Age but will let you find our more in Wiki if you are interested. As you can see great viewS all round and although a very overcast day the wind stayed mercifully light throughout. It was lovely to fly again and got 2 batteries away both on 10 minute flights. I hope all this works-I have only done a couple of YouTubes before.

Managed to get out yesterday for a quick spin and found ourselves at the above. The Camp is basically a hill fort built in the Bronze Age but will let you find our more in Wiki if you are interested. As you can see great viewS all round and although a very overcast day the wind stayed mercifully light throughout. It was lovely to fly again and got 2 batteries away both on 10 minute flights. I hope all this works-I have only done a couple of YouTubes before.
nice production.

Reactions: twickers14
Any problems flying there? It's owned by the National Trust which supposedly doesn't allow taking off or flying over their land (yes, lots of debate about them not owning the airspace!). I live locally and earlier this year flew further along the ridge towards Clevedon from the Avon Wildlife Trust reserves, with the warden, and where I'm a volunteer. Great views over the Bristol channel from there - and to Cadbury Camp!

Attachments

• Panorama 1c.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 3
Ugh! I’d completely forgotten it was NT and even if I had I thought as there was no house, nor people I was good to go especially as it not a NFZ either. Lesson learnt. Your pano is brilliant by the way. Lovely sunny day which mine was not. Good to know another Spark pilot is nearby.

Thanks. The pano's not the best cos of the sun direction. I've taken a lot in the area with my Spark, including within the airport NFZ. Bristol Aiport ATC are very helpful each time I call them for permission, and the DJI unlocking works fine.

Thanks. The pano's not the best cos of the sun direction. I've taken a lot in the area with my Spark, including within the airport NFZ. Bristol Aiport ATC are very helpful each time I call them for permission, and the DJI unlocking works fine.
Never tried that. I use my UAV map to see if I’m OK to go and simply wouldn’t fly in a NFZ. I have read you can get permission but don’t how to do that. Does the GO4 app not let you take off if it’s in a red zone? Any pointers gratefully received.

So glad you were able to get your Spark up in the air twickers. You captured some really nice footage and I liked the audio you paired with it. Nice work. My thanks for the view.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme