Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can’t get MP4 Mac slideshow into the Forum?

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi all. It’s the wife’s Birthday so got a minute off to post this question. I have created a short slide show on my Mac and it’s saved as an MP4 file. I have saved it to Photos on my iPad (and across all my other Apple devices) but I can’t seem to upload it to the Forum through Attached files. Any thoughts?

Reactions: I B Spectre
Hi all. It’s the wife’s Birthday so got a minute off to post this question. I have created a short slide show on my Mac and it’s saved as an MP4 file. I have saved it to Photos on my iPad (and across all my other Apple devices) but I can’t seem to upload it to the Forum through Attached files. Any thoughts?
Upload to YouTube then post the link here.

I think you have to upload to YouTube first and then link it into the forum. Doesn't matter if it's Mac or PC MP4.

I wasn’t offered a YouTube option in my Save selection. I do know that 9 times out of 10 YT is the required option.
Ok, but now you have your MP4. Login to your YouTube account if you have one and upload new video then select the file you created. Once uploaded copy link from YouTube then post link here

Ok, but now you have your MP4. Login to your YouTube account if you have one and upload new video then select the file you created. Once uploaded copy link from YouTube then post link here
Got it. Will give it a try. Am away from home at the mo but maybe able to do it. Watch this space! Thank you.

Reactions: MrCarter76
Very well done. What did you use to edit the video and pics? Very vivid colors.

Very well done. What did you use to edit the video and pics? Very vivid colors.
That’s more than kind of you. It was Air Magic by Skylum. It WAS great but I have established that it is not compatible with Catalina the latest Mac operating system so I am not using it any more. The editing facilities in Apple’s Photos is now very good so have been using that recently. The light was amazing anyway and quite low in the sky. It picked up the turning leaves beautifully.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
That’s more than kind of you. It was Air Magic by Skylum. It WAS great but I have established that it is not compatible with Catalina the latest Mac operating system so I am not using it any more. The editing facilities in Apple’s Photos is now very good so have been using that recently. The light was amazing anyway and quite low in the sky. It picked up the turning leaves beautifully.
Hi Twickers14,
Thanks for sharing, yet another beautiful location and you had good lighting for shooting... very nice.
If anything, I think you could have brought the saturation a notch down.. just my own opinion and preference. I'm just as guilty as anyone who tends to over-saturate or over-HDR my shots, and am consciously toning it down now. .. [emoji23]
Keep them coming...
Cheers,
Ranjit

Hi Twickers14,
Thanks for sharing, yet another beautiful location and you had good lighting for shooting... very nice.
If anything, I think you could have brought the saturation a notch down.. just my own opinion and preference. I'm just as guilty as anyone who tends to over-saturate or over-HDR my shots, and am consciously toning it down now. .. [emoji23]
Keep them coming...
Cheers,
Ranjit
OK will come clean. I totally agree with you re saturation. There is a reason. When I discovered the AM problem I was almost through the edit process with AM on my Mac and then found it went blurred if I zoomed in. That is the AM issue. So....I popped the “finished” shots into the Apple Photos editing mode, did a few little tweaks and then, holding my breath, tried a pinch zoom (on my iPad) and hey presto, as I had overwritten the shots with Photos I was able to manipulate the shots again, so basically they are over cooked but to my eyes still look OK-my little workaround. Hope you’re still with me!!

OK will come clean. I totally agree with you re saturation. There is a reason. When I discovered the AM problem I was almost through the edit process with AM on my Mac and then found it went blurred if I zoomed in. That is the AM issue. So....I popped the “finished” shots into the Apple Photos editing mode, did a few little tweaks and then, holding my breath, tried a pinch zoom (on my iPad) and hey presto, as I had overwritten the shots with Photos I was able to manipulate the shots again, so basically they are over cooked but to my eyes still look OK-my little workaround. Hope you’re still with me!!
I'm totally with you mate!
Thanks for the explanation...
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67