Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can someone please help me out?

edtruhlar

Join
Mar 18, 2018
Hello all new guy here,
I bought the fly more package for the spark from Adorama.com Friday and have not even flown it yet because the the controller is bricked I think. I did everything the start here book said, remote was fine I think until I connected it to the charger. It was charging normally lights were all on and everything. After an hour I checked the status and the remote was just dead. No lights no nothing won't even turn on. Adorama has not been helpful at all. They just refer me to dji after I just dropped 600 dollars. Why would the remote just die like that? So freaking frustrated right now...

Hello all new guy here,
Why would the remote just die like that? So freaking frustrated right now...

This is just a wild guess, but it sounds very similar to a problem I had with a battery-powered drill battery.

I put it on the charger and the battery just died - bad battery cell or something.

I would contact DJI support. I contacted them via website chat for a problem and they were very helpful.

Barry.

Reactions: edtruhlar
This is just a wild guess, but it sounds very similar to a problem I had with a battery-powered drill battery.

I put it on the charger and the battery just died - bad battery cell or something.

I would contact DJI support. I contacted them via website chat for a problem and they were very helpful.

Barry.
Barry
Thanks for the response! I tried contacting dji but unfortunately they are not there on the weekend, not even the web guys. I am going to call them tomorrow, but I heard it takes forever for them to repair stuff. I just can't believe I didn't even get to fly the **** thing once! I thought maybe there was a hard reset or something but I think I just got a bad controller. Thanks again.

I know you've probably done this but this but sometimes I have trouble starting the remote even now because I don't press fast enough.
Press the power button like double clicking a mouse button but keep it pressed on the second click and the lights should go on fast. Left one first.

So click once followed very quickly by a long click.
Like a dot dash in morse code.

Btw when it's fully charged the lights go out and it is powered off.

Hello all new guy here,
I bought the fly more package for the spark from Adorama.com Friday and have not even flown it yet because the the controller is bricked I think. I did everything the start here book said, remote was fine I think until I connected it to the charger. It was charging normally lights were all on and everything. After an hour I checked the status and the remote was just dead. No lights no nothing won't even turn on. Adorama has not been helpful at all. They just refer me to dji after I just dropped 600 dollars. Why would the remote just die like that? So freaking frustrated right now...
If you haven't even been able to use it, why not just go through Adorama's return process?

Return Policy | Adorama.com

Try holding all the buttons simultaneously as you would when connecting to the Spark. Keep holding see if that helps.

Maybe you already are aware of this, but once the remote is fully charged, all the lights turn off. If you press the power button once, all 4 lights will flash briefly showing it's fully charged. If you press the power button twice and hold the 2nd press, it will power on.

Thanks everyone for the tips, I have tried all of your suggestions but unfortunately nothing has happened. I really think I just got a bad remote. I am going to call dji today and hopefully it won't take that long to repair. From some of the posts that I have read I think I will be waiting for a while. I tried calling Adorama.com and they keep referring me to dji, even though I just got the thing Friday! Don't think I will be buying from them ever again. So until I get my remote back, I am not going to try and fly my spark. Thanks everyone.

Thanks everyone for the tips, I have tried all of your suggestions but unfortunately nothing has happened. I really think I just got a bad remote. I am going to call dji today and hopefully it won't take that long to repair. From some of the posts that I have read I think I will be waiting for a while. I tried calling Adorama.com and they keep referring me to dji, even though I just got the thing Friday! Don't think I will be buying from them ever again. So until I get my remote back, I am not going to try and fly my spark. Thanks everyone.
Let Adorama know that your experiences with them will be posted on youtube for others to be aware of how they do business. It’s almost like they knew they were selling you a defective product. Most companies, in particular Amazon would swap it out, even with their 3rd party sales. That would have me pretty upset, more so than the actual issue.

Reactions: edtruhlar
@edtruhlar, did you ask Adorama why they are not willing to honor their 30 day return policy?

Reactions: MannyCAM2001
Both times that I called I got a girl with a really bad accent (not that there's anything wrong with that) and both times I got referred to dji. To be honest I didn't even think about returning it because I didn't want to wait another week for the return and then another for them to send me another one out. I know I should have done it anyway but I was hoping someone out there had the same problem and knew how to fix it...like there was some kind of button combo to press that they knew about
@edtruhlar, did you ask Adorama why they are not willing to honor their 30 day return policy?
Both times that I called I got a girl with a really bad accent (not that there's anything wrong with that) and both times I got referred to dji. To be honest I didn't even think about returning it because I didn't want to wait another week for the return and then another for them to send me another one out. I know I should have done it anyway but I was hoping someone out there had the same problem and knew how to fix it...like there was some kind of button combo to press that they knew aboutBoth times that I called I got a girl with a really bad accent (not that there's anything wrong with that) and both times I got referred to dji. To be honest I didn't even think about returning it because I didn't want to wait another week for the return and then another for them to send me another one out. I know I should have done it anyway but I was hoping someone out there had the same problem and knew how to fix it...like there was some kind of button combo to press that they knew about

Wow this one says “Hard ball” all over it. But hey we’re all different in temperament.
But just don’t make it easy for them, persistence pays.

Both times that I called I got a girl with a really bad accent (not that there's anything wrong with that) and both times I got referred to dji. To be honest I didn't even think about returning it because I didn't want to wait another week for the return and then another for them to send me another one out. I know I should have done it anyway but I was hoping someone out there had the same problem and knew how to fix it...like there was some kind of button combo to press that they knew aboutBoth times that I called I got a girl with a really bad accent (not that there's anything wrong with that) and both times I got referred to dji. To be honest I didn't even think about returning it because I didn't want to wait another week for the return and then another for them to send me another one out. I know I should have done it anyway but I was hoping someone out there had the same problem and knew how to fix it...like there was some kind of button combo to press that they knew aboutBoth times that I called I got a girl with a really bad accent (not that there's anything wrong with that) and both times I got referred to dji. To be honest I didn't even think about returning it because I didn't want to wait another week for the return and then another for them to send me another one out. I know I should have done it anyway but I was hoping someone out there had the same problem and knew how to fix it...like there was some kind of button combo to press that they knew about
Why call them? Can't you just use their online self-service return process?

Hello all new guy here,
When you press it once do any lights come on, at the top of the joystick? If so press again quickly when you see thise. Another thing to try is reconnect to charger or a phone charge cord to see if it will reset battery. It could be cord.

Let my bad experince be an example for you guys. Don't buy from this **** hole store. I dropped 600.00 with them and Its like they don't even care. Either they do a ton of business or the employees are idiots. I suspect a little of both.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar