Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Car adapter for the charger?

thewhatever

Join
Nov 8, 2017
Is there a car cable adapter that has the same plug as the 3 batteries charger hub that comes with the fly more combo? I found it quite fast to charge batteries that why it would be great to use it in car too

Reactions: Scottdt21
The car only provides 12 volts but the DJI 3 battery hub requires 120 volts (and sufficient wattage and circuit protection). A simple adapter will not do this - you need a power inverter. I use the one below.

https://amzn.to/2P17tgR

Every gadget nerd should own one. Very handy for charging laptop on the road too.

Have fun!

Reactions: graywoulf
I totally agree on the power inverter. I use one made by Cobra.

I have never timed it exactly but based on recent experience 3 batteries that were 20-25% charged were fully charged after 1h20min drive. Maybe they completed charging sooner, I just checked when I arrived at my next stop without checking while driving.

Reactions: thewhatever
I have never timed it exactly but based on recent experience 3 batteries that were 20-25% charged were fully charged after 1h20min drive. Maybe they completed charging sooner, I just checked when I arrived at my next stop without checking while driving.

I used to charge 2 batteries in less than 45mn at home, I guess with 3 batteries it would take an hour, so there is about 10 to 20mns more with this adapter

The 12V car chargers work much slower than a 120V power inverter. The power inverter provides same voltage as house current so you can actually use the DJI branded 3 battery charging hub. That's the fastest and safest approach.

With either device it's best to have the car engine running so you get the most current and don't drain the car's starting battery.

But the ac/dc adapter doesn't decrease voltage to 12v anyway?
It's the Amp that is important in that case

But the ac/dc adapter doesn't decrease voltage to 12v anyway?
It's the Amp that is important in that case

Nooooo. The $17 12V car charger only puts out 13.1 volts max:

7FA92E87-59F6-4CB9-9F21-09393C7EA99D.jpeg

But the $27 power inverter is a transformer that covers the car battery up to 120V house current:

2E100F09-8C47-4FD2-9C4D-1BD0EE331326.jpeg
Then you can use the home DJI charging hub that is safest and fastest. Most of those cheap car chargers are are no-name junk without the circuitry to protect battery from overheating and overcharging:

For $10 more the power inverter also charges laptops and any other device you'd plug into a home outlet! Checks out full specs on the link:

https://amzn.to/2P17tgR

Check the link Buy Spark Battery Charging Hub (United States)
They are saying the hub is 11v once the electricity is converted with the wall adapter, the car charger mentioned before plugs on the hub directly so it will act like the wall adapter but instead of converting 110v to 11v it will from 12v to 11v

Yes. That's the DJI 3-battery charger that is included in the Fly More Package. I use that with the 120V power inverter (above) through the car's cigarette lighter.

DJI doesn't make a 12v mobile charger for the car. You can only get a third party adapter which vary greatly in quality and safety.

Get one of those battery packs so you can recharge your phone while out there, or make sure to have a car adapter for the charger. Depending on how deep you go into the desert, you should have reception on your cell phone.

I use this, happy with it so far. Plugs into your 12V socket in your car at one end, and into the battery plate supplied with your spark on the other end. There is also 1 USB socket you can use to charge your remote at the same time.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...kFeR3lTl__zjCFrlGDDBANj5B2Bia54lmbUCDChRlYsIg
I use this or a similar looking one (it plugs into the three battery charging board) with a 12v Lipo4 40Ah battery which is reasonably portable and doubles as power for my electric outboard.Of course I could use the car socket. It may be slower than the mains power pack I have not timed it. But since the mains charger outputs only 12v ( from dji spec) why waste power with an inverter?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast