Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Carrying Spark on Hike?

flp,
Nice video and congrats on your Spark purchase - it’s a great drone.

I got my Spark to complement my P3S. I use it for Travelling, camping, hiking, skiing, etc. I throw the controller, batteries, charging station, and Spark in the charging station bag with my DSLR in small backpack. Great hiking setup.

One thing you might want to buy if you haven’t already done so is a battery clip to secure the battery in case it pops out mid flight. There have been lots of crashes linked to this problem.

Here’s the one I have.
C3C4FBD6-A805-4D96-8636-F59DF3FB77D1.jpeg
Chris

Beautiful location! I agree totally with Chris. There is a thread on the DJI forum with about 30 posted battery drops mid flight. Dji has been doing pretty well replacing these broken drones as long as you are using their app.

Beautiful location! I agree totally with Chris. There is a thread on the DJI forum with about 30 posted battery drops mid flight. Dji has been doing pretty well replacing these broken drones as long as you are using their app.

Yes, I have been double checking the battery before flying and making sure it is not loose. i saw one video where even though it appeared the battery was clicked in, you could wiggle it out without engaing the latches.

Yes, I have been double checking the battery before flying and making sure it is not loose. i saw one video where even though it appeared the battery was clicked in, you could wiggle it out without engaing the latches.
I always check my battery even with the clip on. When I initially got the drone a year ago, I flew it for 6 months without even knowing about the battery clip problem. Thought I’d better be safe than sorry, so got the clip for a few bucks. I have the Refresh Plus on my Spark but still use the clip because I don’t want the battery all of a sudden poping out mid flight.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPena