Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

CE Spark in USA?

rangemaster728

Join
Nov 30, 2017
I picked up a new, unactivated ‘open box’ Spark(aircraft only). The box is marked CE, and has a European wall charger.

I picked this up as a spare, and it had 1.00.0006 firmware.

I managed to pair it to my existing remote (I live in the US) and the GO4 app indicated I live in a different region and the wifi would be reset the next time it was started.

Does this mean the Spark (aircraft) changed it’s transmitter power to FCC? As usual, DJI’s app prompts aren’t always self-explanatory.

Yes.

When the Spark realizes where it's at on the planet through GPS satellites, the transmission power (FCC/ CE) will adjust accordingly.

That is the reason why some pilots use a fake GPS app in the CE regions to fool the Spark into thinking it's in the USA to get the better FCC range.

Spark 317:

Excellent...thank you. I had thought that would be the case but just wanted to check.

That makes me wonder...if folks in other countries are using fake GPS location mods doesn’t that make an RTH on control link loss a guaranteed flyaway unless both the a/c and mobile device agree on where the home point is?

Reactions: Spark 317
Spark 317:

Excellent...thank you. I had thought that would be the case but just wanted to check.

That makes me wonder...if folks in other countries are using fake GPS location mods doesn’t that make an RTH on control link loss a guaranteed flyaway unless both the a/c and mobile device agree on where the home point is?

I'm not sure how it works, but rest assured, when the RTH is activated, it's not going to fly to the US. ?

Reactions: RotorWash and Haggi
Yes.

When the Spark realizes where it's at on the planet through GPS satellites, the transmission power (FCC/ CE) will adjust accordingly.

That is the reason why some pilots use a fake GPS app in the CE regions to fool the Spark into thinking it's in the USA to get the better FCC range.
May I ask how a fake GPS app works? Does the app work on the drone , controller or the GO 4 app? Which device is having the GPS tricked?

May I ask how a fake GPS app works? Does the app work on the drone , controller or the GO 4 app? Which device is having the GPS tricked?

As I stated, in the previous post, I'm not sure how it works.

Since I'm in the FCC region, I haven't used it.

There is an app in the Play Store for Androids...

There may be a similar app for the iOs.

The fake GPS app needs to be installed on the phone or tablet which you use with the RC to control the Spark. Once you set the fake location, you connect your Spark, RC and phone as you always do but when the Go4 app starts, it is tricked into believing that you are in a different geographical location, say, USA. So it changes the transmission signal strength into FCC mode. Once the switching is successful, you can uninstall the fake GPS app. From now onwards, whenever you launch Go4, you will again get a prompt saying you are in a different geographical location (since you are set to FCC mode but the GPS coordinates of the Spark are saying that you are actually in some non-FCC regulated place) and the WiFi connection should be changed accordingly. Just hit CANCEL every time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav