Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cell Deviation

cdouble

Join
Dec 31, 2018
Fairly new Spark owner here. Today decided to play with logfiles and the phantomhelp tool, and noticed that some of the battery voltages were highlighted in orange which seemed to correlate to a high Cell Deviations value. There were may (dozens or hundreds) of successive readings with deviations around 0.05v and some with deviations of 0.069v. So I started to research and was alarmed by what I read. It sounds like that battery is risk for a fire and/or suddenly going dead while flying (obviously bad). Am I interpreting this correctly? Is this an obvious warrantee replacement (this was a xmas gift last month)? Please advise and thanks.

Flight log is attached.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-01-12_[14-08-01].txt
    559.2 KB · Views: 19
Fairly new Spark owner here. Today decided to play with logfiles and the phantomhelp tool, and noticed that some of the battery voltages were highlighted in orange which seemed to correlate to a high Cell Deviations value. There were may (dozens or hundreds) of successive readings with deviations around 0.05v and some with deviations of 0.069v. So I started to research and was alarmed by what I read. It sounds like that battery is risk for a fire and/or suddenly going dead while flying (obviously bad). Am I interpreting this correctly? Is this an obvious warrantee replacement (this was a xmas gift last month)? Please advise and thanks.

Flight log is attached.
More info...After flight and at room temp, i charged battery for about 15min (3rd led started flashing). I then checked battery using dji 4 go. All three cells were 3.80v. Why would that differential go away? What is to prevent it from returning? Is this as dangerous as it sounds?

When there is as big draw on the battery it will discharge rapidly and give some out of range values. I notice this when climbing rapidly with full throttle at same time. I've never seen it effect performance of the aircraft though.

The battery can compensate for this and still give enough juice to the motors. Rest assured it won't catch fire or drop from the sky like you are worried about. The battery will just get pretty hot.

I don't have the inclination to correlate this with your flight log but that's been my experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef