Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Changing the top cover

amir

Join
Dec 30, 2017
Hi i got the white spark as a gift so i have ordered a red cover so by changing the cover does it invalidate the warranty?

Hi i got the white spark as a gift so i have ordered a red cover so by changing the cover does it invalidate the warranty?
White is one of the best colors to have if you like to use skins as the white background is ideal. I personally went for the Lava Red myself. :cool:

Reactions: amir
by changing the cover does it invalidate the warranty?
The DJI warranty states that it does not cover damage caused by unauthorized modification (i.e. work not done by an authorized repair facility). As long as you don't damage anything in the process and attempt to claim it under warranty, all should be fine.

Reactions: amir
Got the red top cover today now debating to put it on or not because i noticed out of the six screws the middle two have some kind of residue glue in them..

Attachments

• 20180116_134954.jpg
    20180116_134954.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 36
Changing the cover is a form modification since you are taking the Spark apart. The glue residual is probably a seal so the screws stays in place.

So thats a NO NO [emoji58]then most probably it affect the refresh warranty

Just don't like the plain white colour notice yesterday the spark was very warm with the blue silicone cover on after flight.

So, this silicone cover may be a good solution at cold winter days?
There is another thread for this. Did you watch the battery temperature? Did it get warmer?

So, this silicone cover may be a good solution at cold winter days?
There is another thread for this. Did you watch the battery temperature? Did it get warmer?
No sorry i didn't watch the battery temperature but it felt like more warmer with the silicone cover on thou.

The silicon body cover doesn't cover the battery at all so there's no variation in temperature. After flight there's no significant difference in body temperatures with the silicon on or off. The silicone probably absorbs some of the heat from the body and aids in dissipating it quicker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex