Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Checking in from Columbus, Ohio

Darth Knocks

Join
Apr 15, 2018
Hello,
Thank you all for your contributions to the forum. I received my Spark today and have already used the forum to answer many questions and learned the answers to questions I hadn't yet thought to ask. Unfortunately my first day with the drone it has been windy and raining, inhibiting my ability to get out and fly it. I am currently debating purchasing Care Refresh from DJI or coverage through an insurance company such as Allstate or State Farm. I've found good information searching the posts so far but welcome any opinions or suggestion.

Cheers,
Knocks

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Darth Knocks.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

I am currently debating purchasing Care Refresh from DJI or coverage through an insurance company such as Allstate or State Farm. I've found good information searching the posts so far but welcome any opinions or suggestion.
Since the majority of members don't participate in these check in threads, you'll likely find the best information in the existing threads. Here are a few searches that'll help you find those threads:

DJI Care Refresh
Search Results for Query: dji care refresh | SparkPilots - DJI Spark Drone Forum

State Farm
Search Results for Query: state farm | SparkPilots - DJI Spark Drone Forum

Also, check out this State Farm Insurance Guide on reddit:
State Farm Insurance Guide • r/dji

Reactions: StyxPhoenix
I had read the posts on the Spark forum already but the reddit post is very helpful! Thanks for the link! I’ve emailed my local State Farm agent but will stop in the office after work if I haven’t got it sorted out. I want to make sure I can get coverage before my timeframe for care refresh runs out.

Welcome to Spark Pilots! :)

Since the majority of members don't participate in these check in threads, you'll likely find the best information in the existing threads. Here are a few searches that'll help you find those threads:

DJI Care Refresh
Search Results for Query: dji care refresh | SparkPilots - DJI Spark Drone Forum

State Farm
Search Results for Query: state farm | SparkPilots - DJI Spark Drone Forum

Also, check out this State Farm Insurance Guide on reddit:
State Farm Insurance Guide • r/dji

Update on the insurance:
State Farm knew exactly what I wanted when I contacted them. $60 for a year of insurance coverage including crash, loss, theft, etc. $0 deductible! Seems like a much better option than care refresh, especially since they cover a fly off. If you are in Ohio or another state in the U.S. I would start with State Farm if looking for an insurer.
This offers no liability coverage though, I confirmed that my home insurance policy through Allstate covers damage to others and their property that I would cause with the drone up to $300,000. I would recommend making sure you have liability insurance if you will be flying anywhere near others at all. Seems silly to worry about insurance for a $600 toy, but neglect to cover the possibility of being sued for 10’s or 100’s of thousands of dollars if you accidentally injured someone.
Thanks again for the reddit post msinger it made my convo with the State Farm rep a snap.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland to you as well, Ih8unot.

Welcome to the Forum.:cool:

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the SparkPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI Spark quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
*DJI Spark Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/Spark User Manual V1.6-.pdf

I have a State Farm policy :)

Hello,
Thank you all for your contributions to the forum. I received my Spark today and have already used the forum to answer many questions and learned the answers to questions I hadn't yet thought to ask. Unfortunately my first day with the drone it has been windy and raining, inhibiting my ability to get out and fly it. I am currently debating purchasing Care Refresh from DJI or coverage through an insurance company such as Allstate or State Farm. I've found good information searching the posts so far but welcome any opinions or suggestion.

Cheers,
Knocks

Welcome to the SparkPilots forums! I'm only a few hours north in Akron, good to see a fellow Ohioan. :cool:

And thanks for the tip re: State Farm's coverage. I am going to check into that because I thought I purchased the DJI Refresh before my first flight, however, I found out after the 48-hour activation period that it never went through -- and while I was advised you can go through creating a video to prove all components are still in good working condition to activate DJI Refresh post-48-hour period, it's a pain in the arse to do so .... so.... I will check out this as I already do have State Farm for numerous other policies. Maybe I'll even get a discount for adding another policy. Haha.

Hello StyxPhoenix,
Glad to be of help. In my opinion State Farm is a much better deal. No dealing with DJI’s customer service, submitting flight logs, etc. It was $60 for up to $5,000 worth of coverage, so you can add other items like sporting goods, jewelry, or other drones to the policy for no extra charge until you hit the $5000 mark. Plus there is no deductible, where you would be paying more than $60 if you actually used your care refresh policy. I talked with a friend who lost diamond studs ensured under this policy and she received a check for the full amount 2 days after filing her claim.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme