Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cherry Blossom

nilanjan118

Join
Oct 31, 2018
It's spring time in Japan and we have the cherry blossoms in full bloom. Having a deep significance in Japanese culture and history, the Japanese people traditionally enjoy a feast under the blooming sakura (cherry blossom) trees with friends or family and refer to it as hanami (花見), which literally translates into "flower watching" - 花 (hana): flower, 見(mi): see. Since the blooms last only for a couple of weeks at most, they are an enduring metaphor for life itself, luminous and beautiful yet fleeting and ephemeral.

Last edited:
nice video ? I would love to visit Japan.

nice video ? I would love to visit Japan.
I am glad you liked it. Needless to say, it is the most popular season in Japan and attracts a lot of tourists. Hope you plan your trip soon. Cheers!!

Ya, great video. We have them here too, but not just yet, another week or two. Sadly there is little interest when compared to how Japanese see these. But I usually take some stills when I am driving around and see some I like. We have some Lilacs on our property which attract the butterflies each year - they rival the cherry blossoms somewhat.... Lilac in June | The Woods Gallery to have a look. :)

It's spring time in Japan and we have the cherry blossoms in full bloom. Having a deep significance in Japanese culture and history, the Japanese people traditionally enjoy a feast under the blooming sakura (cherry blossom) trees with friends or family and refer to it as hanami (花見), which literally translates into "flower watching" - 花 (hana): flower, 見(mi): see. Since the blooms last only for a couple of weeks at most, they are an enduring metaphor for life itself, luminous and beautiful yet fleeting and ephemeral.

Love it. You really seem to have so much stunning Cherry blossom in Japan :)

Reactions: nilanjan118
Japan - how lovely !
Thanks for watching. :D

Sadly there is little interest when compared to how Japanese see these. But I usually take some stills when I am driving around and see some I like. We have some Lilacs on our property which attract the butterflies each year - they rival the cherry blossoms somewhat.... Lilac in June | The Woods Gallery to have a look.
It's actually overwhelming to see so many people turning up to witness the blossoms.
You have a beautiful garden too. Thanks for sharing your gallery. They indeed look similar to the cherry blossoms. There is another flower here called Nemophila and it also looks breathtaking when in full bloom. Sharing a couple of pictures I took (not drone shots) since you seem to have a keen interest in flowers. :)

Nemophila sea.JPG

Nemophila.JPG

Love it. You really seem to have so much stunning Cherry blossom in Japan.
They are indeed spectacular. This is my 2nd year watching them but I still can't get over them. :D

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PJAY-FLY-FISHING