Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

City on Fire

That is a great picture! I am just learning about the rule of thirds. It is a great concept once you see side by side comparisons of pictures done with and without it. That picture could be easily cropped to utilize it. Still, it is a great picture.

Really appreciate the comment - could you elaborate on "thirds" I have no photography experience but would love any help.
No stress as I will google it I guess

Nice photo.
Would it be more engaging if the sun were framed following the rule of thirds? Intended to be considered constructively.

Really appreciate the comment - could you elaborate on "thirds" I have no photography experience but would love any help.
No stress as I will google it I guess
No worries.
Rule of thirds divides the photo area vertically and horizontally into thirds. The object of the image (in this case the sun) should be at one of the four intersections of the thirds.
If you go into the DJI GO 4 app, there are grid lines that you can bring up on your screen. You'll notice there are four intersections of these grid lines. Placing the object at any one of these fours is using the rule of thirds.
Ideally, there are other objects within the image that lead the viewers eye to the object within the intersection. Even more ideally, the viewer's eyes are ultimately lead away from the object, but lead back to it again, a kind of loop

hope this helps

Reactions: grantspark
That is a great picture! I am just learning about the rule of thirds. It is a great concept once you see side by side comparisons of pictures done with and without it. That picture could be easily cropped to utilize it. Still, it is a great picture.
Hey thanks graywolf - again any info I can get I really appreciate so if you can elaborate on "thirds" would be appreciated.
I have taken up photography since I got my spark (4 months now) as flying is awesome (original reasoning for spend) but photography let's me share the experience so if I can share better please let me know.

No worries.
Rule of thirds divides the photo area vertically and horizontally into thirds. The object of the image (in this case the sun) should be at one of the four intersections of the thirds.
If you go into the DJI GO 4 app, there are grid lines that you can bring up on your screen. You'll notice there are four intersections of these grid lines. Placing the object at any one of these fours is using the rule of thirds.
Ideally, there are other objects within the image that lead the viewers eye to the object within the intersection. Even more ideally, the viewer's eyes are ultimately lead away from the object, but lead back to it again, a kind of loop

hope this helps
Wow absolutely- (so newbie) have just done a crop to see the difference and so get why there is a rule of thirds. To capture in raw of this I couldn't due to flight restrictions but that really does help - thank you Richard [emoji106][emoji106]

Would have loved to get right out in the channel and closer to get the raw but was restricted to fly zones - big ups to Richard and Graywolf for the help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran