Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compass Calibration Indicator Question

Donny

Join
Jan 7, 2018
After you calibrate the compass, what constitutes a better calibration: a small green bar or a larger green bar?

I have to calibrate nearly every flight! Is this normal? I don't overly mind seeing how it takes 10 seconds to spin it around. And I'm waiting on gps lock anyways. Just curious if it was typical.

No. What makes you think you need to calibrate the compass?
ill connect up this evening and give you the verbage, but I feel like it launches to that side bar on the right and asks me to do so. I dont want to misquote the app so I'll reevaluate this evening and report back.

Is this what you're seeing?

DJI-GO-Calibrate-Compass-from-Aircraft-Status.jpg

Is this what you're seeing?

View attachment 3197
the second picture is what is popped up on my screen when I connect I believe.. But like I said I am not 100% sure and I didnt bring my spark with me to work today (for some reason). I havent been flying dji products long enough to be as familiar with their software and maybe theres a possibility that for some reason I am seeing it normal and my brain is simply translating it wrong

the second picture is what is popped up on my screen when I connect I believe
If that's what you're seeing, it's not prompting you to calibrate the compass. It's just a button you can use to calibrate the compass (if you'd like to for some reason).

If that's what you're seeing, it's not prompting you to calibrate the compass. It's just a button you can use to calibrate the compass (if you'd like to for some reason).
like I said... for some reason I felt like it was suggesting me to do so. I know where the button is to voluntarily do it, I did my IMU and all that before my first flight. I'll look when I get home and see if it pops up again. If it does it again I'll actually take mental note and screenshots to describe what I am seeing more accurately

If it does it again I'll actually take mental note and screenshots to describe what I am seeing more accurately
That would be most hopeful and of course much easier than both you and I guessing what you saw ;)

Reactions: VenomousSVT

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502