Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Compatibility questions and adapter for sale

Whitenoize

Join
Jun 13, 2018
Does anybody run a VR app on a Pixel 2? DJI GO 4 works awesomely but none of the VR apps I tried will give me an image. It`s just a black screen with no camera output.Also, it looks like I may have a tablet holder and strap to sell. I should`ve done my homework before buying. I have a fire HD and those don`t work well AT ALL. It`s laggy,etc

If your phone will be inside a pair of VR goggles, then there is an app in the Play Store called CAVU.

It's free for 5 minutes of flight time When the motors are ON is when the timer starts. So if the Spark is turned ON but not the motors, it gives you unlimited time to move the displays where you like them.

I haven't purchased the full version but it did seem to work well with my limited use of it on my Samsung Galaxy s7 in my Samsung goggles.
I had to install another app for that called Play Cardboard which disables the auto start up of Oculas and allows CAVU to work.

CAVU is the first of many I tried and oddly enough I do have the cardboard app installed as well. Maybe its the sequence: what are your exact steps to get an image in Cavu? It`s connected to the sparks remote, I can see the battery life and a few other specs but black screen for the camera.

I'm not sure if it's a procedure but I just did a test flight with my S7 phone ( normally fly with a mini4 ) and here it is.

I powered up the RC, then Spark, let them connect. Then connect to my S7 via WiFi and then open up the Cavu app and I get this image before I click the Go Fly button.

Screenshot_20180613-180126.png

Once clicked, it gives me the dual lens look and I place the phone in my goggles.

The image is a little fuzzy to me but I think it might be my eyes, phone, settings, or all of the above. Lol.
It's too magnified, or something? Like setting too close to the TV fuzzy.

To be honest I haven't messed with it much as the VR world makes me a little woozy when viewing due to my other senses being fooled.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe