Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Confused on something, can forum help?

sharps45

Join
Apr 18, 2019
Yesterday I climbed up the side of a mountain near home to get some vista shots using a balanced rock formation in the shots. Even going as high as I could before I ran into cliffs, I couldn't get within 400 feet of where I wanted to film from. I've seen vids on YouTube of people taking their Sparks waaaaaay past the 400 foot stop. Is there a program or hack out there that would allow me to bypass that 400 foot limit? I film and take photos nearly always in areas where there isn't another soul for miles.

thanks

Go into the settings of the Go4 app and change your maximum elevation height to something higher.

It should fix it?

I have a similar problem in the summer when I vacation to the low valleys and lakes in my area. Depending on the terrain, my Spark won't go higher than my flat land settings. After I made the changes, I was able to launch at the lake, traverse the terrain up the hill several hundred feet above my launch point so that I could see over the ridge.

Reactions: sharps45
Go into the settings of the Go4 app and change your maximum elevation height to something higher.

It should fix it?

I have a similar problem in the summer when I vacation to the low valleys and lakes in my area. Depending on the terrain, my Spark won't go higher than my flat land settings. After I made the changes, I was able to launch at the lake, traverse the terrain up the hill several hundred feet above my launch point so that I could see over the ridge.
Thanks, but what I need is to be able to go higher than 400 feet above the takeoff point. The landscape in my area has 1,000 to 2,000 foot cliffs. I can't always do my filming from the top.

You need to change this setting in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Max-Altitude.jpg

Changed it from the 120 to 500 meters. Hopefully that will help immensely. Looks like to go higher than that would need to use the Nolimitsdrone app. Not sure if that's what I want. Thanks all!

Reactions: Spark 317
Changed it from the 120 to 500 meters. Hopefully that will help immensely. Looks like to go higher than that would need to use the Nolimitsdrone app. Not sure if that's what I want. Thanks all!

Remember to stay within 400 feet of the ground or mountain when flying up to the maximum height.

I film and take photos nearly always in areas where there isn't another soul for miles.

You're not allowed to fly straight up to 1600 feet and then over to your target.

You never know when a private plane or helicopter is enjoying the scenery the same as you.

Fly safe. :)

Well 500M is 1675 Ft. Is that not enough?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef