Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Connection issues

M

Mike_in_Letcombe

I received my Spark Combo this morning - amazingly small box to have all that 'stuff' in, eh? Anyway, I charged everything up and checked that me firmware was up to date, so everything good to go - except for the weather, as it is spitting with rain and quite windy. Typical.

Anyway, playing around with this, I finally got the Spark to generate the wi-fi signal (by pressing and holding the rear power button for six seconds, until I heard the 'double beep'). So that worked fine - could even get the Spark to take off and fly with wi-fi with my 'phone for a few minutes, when the rain stopped.

But then when I switch back to the 'Remote Control' mode, by pressing the same button for six seconds until you hear the 'one beep', my remote control is no longer connecting. I can get around it by re-connecting the remote by using the 3 button method, so easy enough to sort out, but it's going to be a pain having to do that everytime I want to use the remote control. What am I doing wrong? Or is it that you have to reconnect the remote each time that you have used the wi-fi mode with just the phone?

As I already have the Mavic, I do find this a bit weird - it seems a lot more complicated! I have used the cable connection as well with the remote, as the wi-fi video signal can easily be lost (although by turning off my bluetooth and also my apple watch, it is at least useable). Like I say, very complicated compared to the Magic which simply ..... works.

I did the same thing...and, I had to re-link the controller to the aircraft via the DJO GO 4 app.

But do you really what to switch that often from direct wifi fly with your phone (with out you RC) and flying with RC ?
After it is bind, there is no more need to rebind after you want to use just your phone.
If you fly mainly with your RC (if you get the taste of it, you will continue with it), there will be no need to rebind.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme