Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cross Mountain - December 22, 2018

Litchi mission I assume?

I keep thinking about purchasing it but too afraid to just let my Spark go on it's own, especially out off sight and control if warranted.

I may fly with my Droids as well as my primary mini4 and would have to purchase it for both platforms. But it may be worth it.

Thanks for sharing Cross Mountain.:)

Reactions: pmshop
The litchi app make the difference. It's seems the next level to get a really cool footage.

Never had any problem using it?

Meh, just a little mis-alignment with POI
That cross should be center on approach byt from takeoff, POI is left of center.
Then while circling, cross is to the right of center.

Other than that, no issues so long as I know what I am programming.
Virtual Litchi Mission with Google Earth shows me if I will slam into the ground or not :cool:

Reactions: alex_hidrobo
In your channel all your videos was made using litchi?
Another question is to use litchi at night footage is difficult to set

No, there are a few that are litchi, others are automated home made craft using ArduCopter software/ firmware.
Sometimes I note which is which.
But the majority are manual flying.
February '19 will be for years flying almost every day - coming up on flight 1600 and 200 flight hours. ;)

I would fly at dusk, not dark unless you have a lot of artificial light filling the scene.
The camera shutter speed will adjust to cover the low light but vibrations show up worse in low light.

No, there are a few that are litchi, others are automated home made craft using ArduCopter software/ firmware.
Sometimes I note which is which.
But the majority are manual flying.
February '19 will be for years flying almost every day - coming up on flight 1600 and 200 flight hours. ;)

I would fly at dusk, not dark unless you have a lot of artificial light filling the scene.
The camera shutter speed will adjust to cover the low light but vibrations show up worse in low light.
So.... Buy litchi doesn't make a big difference....it's all practice

Seems like you are an expert on Litchi - would you care to make a tutorial on it? Would be much appreciated.

Hardly - learning every time I use it. :D
There are tutorials out there already.
Just get the more recent videos - after June '18 because that is when Litchi added Spark support.

Last edited:
So.... Buy litchi doesn't make a big difference....it's all practice

It can make you an instant star of cinematic shots if you understand how it works.
But when programming doesn't do what you want it to, that is when Manual comes in.

Just wait till you find the upper left /right or lower left/ right on the right stick for Hyperlapse like this:

You see, with the ArduCopter software/ firmware on my home made craft, I was used to "reaching way out" beyond radio range with a loss of transmitter signal failsafe set to "on LOS, continue with mission".
That means whatever mission I designed, if it loses radio, it continues on its own.
That has allowed me to travel great round trip distances.
And so far with my big battery home made 'Albatross' I have traveled 10.52mi (16.92km) here:
So far with the Spark, 4.1 mi (6.6km) round trip.

and, a Spark can do this with Litchi:

So you had a modified spark I firmware and batt

That's other level 4 me

Not at all.
Stock only.
Litchi does it all for you.

You just turn off one failsafe - Smart Return Home - in Litchi settings and never plan a mission over 11 minutes :cool:

Reactions: alex_hidrobo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast