Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Crystalsky, I pulled the trigger....

Barbara

Join
Dec 25, 2018
Loc
Algoma District, North Shore, Ontario
So, I've done it. Ordered up a Crystalsky display and all the commensurate bits and pieces to make it work. EXPENSIVE! Costs more than the Spark bundle did, but if I upgrade....we'll see.

Why did I buy it, larger screen than my iPhone 6s and four times brighter. I know, it's only an inch larger, but my old and failing eyes need all the help they can get. The extra brightness, though, should help significantly.

I must say that It was quite the excersise trying to figure out what bits and pieces I needed to purchase so it would all work with the Spark. Documentation is thin and well hidden, and none of it is really specific to the Spark. In the end, Also requided a couple of phone calls to vendors, who it turned out really didn't know the product.

So, I have the display, a power supply with an AC cable (really? I needed to order it extra?) a mount for the controller and an OTG cable ordered. Will be several days before all the bits get here as I had to order from a couple of different sources. I'll keep y'all aprised of my experiences once I get it together.

Congratulations on spending more on the monitor than the drone, that's a heck of a trigger to pull. ?

I too have looked at the CS monitors and the Epson FPV Glasses, which cost around $700, and have been hesitant to pull the trigger(s).

They give you the best of both worlds, VLOS while wearing FPV goggles.

No spotter needed.

Same thinking as you, if I upgrade the hanger, I'll be good to go with a better monitor.:)

.......I too have looked at the CS monitors and the Epson FPV Glasses, which cost around $700, and have been hesitant to pull the trigger(s).

No spotter needed.

Same thinking as you, if I upgrade the hanger, I'll be good to go with a better monitor.:)

Have to look those up. I admit I did not even look at FPV googles. I figured they would be likely to make me hurl, errr, feel queasy. FPV and VLOS? not sure how that works, but it's late. Lots of time to do some research tomorow.

Congratulations on spending more on the monitor than the drone, that's a heck of a trigger to pull. ?

I too have looked at the CS monitors and the Epson FPV Glasses, which cost around $700, and have been hesitant to pull the trigger(s).

No spotter needed.

I’m guessing... Do the fpv glasses work similar to a head-up display?
ie. The glasses give a view of the monitor, that is see-through.

So, I've done it. Ordered up a Crystalsky display and all the commensurate bits and pieces to make it work. EXPENSIVE! Costs more than the Spark bundle did, but if I upgrade....we'll see.

Why did I buy it, larger screen than my iPhone 6s and four times brighter. I know, it's only an inch larger, but my old and failing eyes need all the help they can get. The extra brightness, though, should help significantly.

I must say that It was quite the excersise trying to figure out what bits and pieces I needed to purchase so it would all work with the Spark. Documentation is thin and well hidden, and none of it is really specific to the Spark. In the end, Also requided a couple of phone calls to vendors, who it turned out really didn't know the product.

So, I have the display, a power supply with an AC cable (really? I needed to order it extra?) a mount for the controller and an OTG cable ordered. Will be several days before all the bits get here as I had to order from a couple of different sources. I'll keep y'all aprised of my experiences once I get it together.
I use a Crystalsky on my spark. The CS is designed to connect to the bottom connector on your RC. You will need an OTG adaptor to go between the wire from the CS connector and the RC socket. You'll notice that it's fiddly to connect to the OTG adaptor, I gave up using cable and go straight to Wi-Fi connection. The CS is a great screen and the battery lasts me about 6 hrs

Yep

They look like the Google Glass that was out a while back.

They are made of clear glass that you can look through, with a projected image of the Spark camera, along with the telemetry needed for a safe flight onto the glasses.

Reactions: Koala Tails
I use a Crystalsky on my spark. The CS is designed to connect to the bottom connector on your RC. You will need an OTG adaptor to go between the wire from the CS connector and the RC socket. You'll notice that it's fiddly to connect to the OTG adaptor, I gave up using cable and go straight to Wi-Fi connection. The CS is a great screen and the battery lasts me about 6 hrs
I'm really hoping the extra brightness helps. As for OTG vs WiFi, I ordered an OTG cable (micro USB to micro USB) that the seller is compatible with the Spark controller and CS display. Guess I will find out.

From what I can tell it's a fancy HUD. You can adjust the brightness of the HUD to make it more or less visible and from a review I saw, you have to actively focus your eyes up close for the HUD and focus out normally to see past it.

I was curious about the what interface one used to supply inputs to the GO 4 App. it turns out the second component of the BT300 system is a touch pad which actually contains the brains of the system and needs to be mounted to the controller. The reviewer described it as a tablet, without a screen, the glasses acting as the screen. The whole system is intended specifically for use with DJI drones and it does work with the Spark.

Link to the review:

I think I'll be happy with the CS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex