Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Damaged QR code

Malc

Join
Jan 1, 2019
I have a spark I want to connect to my phone but the QR code is worn away any ideas?

I have a spark I want to connect to my phone but the QR code is worn away any ideas?

I assume the Spark has been activated and linked with a remote control at one point and you want to switch to a phone only.

This video from DJI will explain how to do it at the four minute mark of the video.

It also explains how to reset the Sparks password to factory default.

I don't think anybody actually had luck with scanning the QR codes and had to type the information in manually.

Watch the video a couple of times because Ty talks fast and it's easy to miss something.

Good luck. ?

I've activated 2 sparks and NEVER managed to use the QR code.

Try this:
Exactly right Tentoes. I was so frustrated the first day I received my Spark and no matter how many times I tried, it wouldn't read the QR code from any device I owned. Was frustrated enough to find the YouTube video to work around.

I assume the Spark has been activated and linked with a remote control at one point and you want to switch to a phone only.

This video from DJI will explain how to do it at the four minute mark of the video.

It also explains how to reset the Sparks password to factory default.

I don't think anybody actually had luck with scanning the QR codes and had to type the information in manually.

Watch the video a couple of times because Ty talks fast and it's easy to miss something.

Good luck. ?
My code did not work

Hey there! Sorry to hear that the QR code on your spark is damaged. I've noticed something like this happens a lot of times. So, if the code is too damaged to scan, you could try reaching out to the manufacturer to see if they can provide a replacement code. Alternatively, you could use a QR code reader app that uses advanced image processing algorithms like Smart Engines SDK to try and extract the information from the damaged code. These types of apps are designed to decode even the most damaged or distorted codes, so it may be worth a try! Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey there! Sorry to hear that the QR code on your spark is damaged. I've noticed something like this happens a lot of times.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland DonaldDuran

I no longer fly my Spark, but I did put a piece of clear packing tape over the information in the battery tray back in the day and it is still readable. :)

Glad to see a new spark flyer here as there aren't too many of us left.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex