Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Devils Lake, Wisconsin.

This should be posted in the Photo / Video section of the Forum and not the Pilot check In.

Oops.

Looks like a fun lake for water sports and fishing.

On the Airmap it said it was okay but I just looked it up online and your right. oops
Got my Spark back in March, looking forward to taking it to our beautiful park (I live 10 minutes away). Was really bummed to find that I could not fly there.
Technically, you can take off and land from outside the park, and then fly over the park. But then they get ya with the always fly within sight rules.
I'm surprised Airmap does not include the state park rules. Maybe you could get away with it, showing the ranger that Airmap says it is ok.

Reactions: 1Joey23
I actually was never yelled at by anyone as I was flying my drone on top of the rocks way up. I think some people saw the drone but never seemed to care that it was there. I left the park without anyone telling me I couldn't fly there.

Reactions: tahoejeff
The DNR has had funding cutbacks, so not many rangers or game wardens up on the bluffs from what I've heard.

I'm not a big fan of the drone ban there, but on the other hand would not like to see 20-30 of them buzzing around while I'm out enjoying nature. People in high risk sports like rock climbing could be in danger if buzzed by high speed blades.
That park does get over 1 million visitors per year.

Reactions: 1Joey23
I actually was never yelled at by anyone as I was flying my drone on top of the rocks way up. I think some people saw the drone but never seemed to care that it was there. I left the park without anyone telling me I couldn't fly there.
Not that I would condone flying in a prohibited area but your decision to stay low profile and difficult to spot is a good idea these days. If you are confident enough to perch on some rocks and fly then good on you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme