Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Did Dji release spark to early

Just like the Mavic Pro it was released too early and they learned a lot each time that they fixed in firmware. Hopefully there are still more fixes coming for the Spark.

On the lighter side the Spark is like a cute puppy that we forgive for it's not being perfect because its so cute and fun.

On the darker side we thought it would be a competent selfie drone which would change the drone world with gesture control, and we could just forget about having a remote control. That isn't the case so far.

That is/was not the case. All the DJI advertising I saw prior to purchasing never made that comparison.

Also with the Mavic being out less than a year did you really expect to get all the functionality of a Mavic in a smaller package and at half the price of a Mavic? If you do/did, I've got some prime lake-front real estate for sale in Florida...

Well to some extent yes, the spark should be able to do almost everything the mavic can but at the very least an it should be actually smaller in storage size.
Most of the lost features are software based which does not justify the price reduction.
Small camera does not justify 1080p or lower price concidering how a $40 smartphone has all the sensors a drone needs to fly and a 4k camera built in.
I was hoping for 4k minimum due to even cheap mobile phones having 4k sensors but didnt think it was for sure.
Seriously no waypoints!!!
100m max on active track!!!!!
1080p in 2017!!!!!
Bigger than the mavic when stored!!!!!

I can literally put the mavic in my pocket.
I cannot do that with the spark.

Well to some extent yes, the spark should be able to do almost everything the mavic can but at the very least an it should be actually smaller in storage size.
Most of the lost features are software based which does not justify the price reduction.
Small camera does not justify 1080p or lower price concidering how a $40 smartphone has all the sensors a drone needs to fly and a 4k camera built in.
I was hoping for 4k minimum due to even cheap mobile phones having 4k sensors but didnt think it was for sure.
1080p in 2017!!!!!

You should try some Hubsan products, they are a fraction of the cost and on paper have similar advertised functionalities (apart the gesture stuff). Then you would see how good is the Spark in comparison. For sure not mature as a drone that is on the market since a year, but it ok to fly during this summer vacation.
Regarding the volume, I would never put my drone in my pocket. A small protective bag, yes. It is all matter of form factor, I found the spark one is nice and allow compact bag configuration, including all needed accessories. I am coming from Phantom 3, so the volume reduction is huge. If you own a Mavic, maybe the Spark is less attractive to you than if you own a Phantom.

Well maybe you should have done your homework before jumping in...

1080p in 2017!!!!!

My Spark is my first DJI Product, and I see myself SOMEDAY investing more $$$ in DJI products, I think it is a fine product and have had ZERO issues so far

promised a dji mavic but smaller, what we got was a drone that when stored is bigger than the mavic in storage and with significantly lower specs.

I thought I heard a standard mavic is being released, at least that's what I read in the mavic forums. Probably a Mavic with Spark-like features but with the occusync transmission. Maybe that's what your talking about?

Just like the Mavic Pro it was released too early and they learned a lot each time that they fixed in firmware. Hopefully there are still more fixes coming for the Spark.

On the lighter side the Spark is like a cute puppy that we forgive for it's not being perfect because its so cute and fun.

On the darker side we thought it would be a competent selfie drone which would change the drone world with gesture control, and we could just forget about having a remote control. That isn't the case so far.

The spark should get better with updates just t like the Mavic did, I hope. I just ordered mine because I wanted a "toy" to play with out in the backyard. I could see myself taking this, along side the mavic, when on our family trips. Probably pulling this out just a tad more than the Mavic for the quick selfie pics and posting to facebook/Instagram.

Not updated for Spark yet, but you want to look into waypoints and 3rd party app like Litchi. I think there is another one that did announce it already worked with Spark. I use Litchi with my P3P and it's a total blast. Planning waypoint GPS missions.

My Spark expectations weren't very high, but each time I fly it I do gain a bit more confidence. I think once a firmware update is released most problems will go away.
Since this is My first drone. It could also be me concentrating on following shots to much. Maybe there is smarter solutions. Is it possible to establish a flight route. Like a mountain side. Tell the drone fly from top to bottom. Send it and then ski in the area and have the camera focusing on me or at least towards me? I Guess the problem is landning but spark can land in the hand right? Even dh courses the ones that are open should be able program i guess? Then just start the drone and do the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers