Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Disable startup beeps/sounds?

DesertWindAero

Join
May 28, 2017
My law enforcement organization wants to use these in tactical situations.

Is there a way to disable the startup beeps/sounds that come from the aircraft?

Thanks in advance...

Reactions: xXxDieselxXx
I want to high jack this thread and also ask if the camera sound when taking pictures can be disabled as well :)

I want to high jack this thread and also ask if the camera sound when taking pictures can be disabled as well :)

Doesn't the camera sound come from the device (I'm ignorant on that because I never use it)? If so, that can be silenced...no?

Doesn't the camera sound come from the device (I'm ignorant on that because I never use it)? If so, that can be silenced...no?
You could be right. I have to check it out. I feel it makes the sound from both RC and the device. I might be wrong but it's very loud

Here's a YouTube link of a Mavic RC complete tear down to "Silence the lamb". He replaced speaker with led lights. There's A LOT OF PARTS to the remote. Not a DYI project.

Reactions: xXxDieselxXx
Only way is to open the Spark and found the buzzer so it can be silenced.
For pictures/videos, there is also a buzzer in the RC to would need to be silenced.
Silencing the phone/tab is easy.

For pictures/videos, there is also a buzzer in the RC to would need to be silenced.

I suppose I can try the Spark disassembly route. Not worried about the RC sounds...we fly using the iOS device. Thanks!

If you are close enough to the "target" that the controller/Spark startup noises are too loud then surely the propeller start up and run noises are even louder?

also you would need to disable all the flashing lights

Ummm... there isnt one.
The sounds are coming from the motors. DJI has ingeniously turned the motors into speakers.
The only way to turn them off is probably by firmware or by hacking the ESC (which is now integrated into the main board).

Reactions: Dronason
Im not sure if i fully understand but you want to use an off the shelf drone for tactical situations ?? If you were wouldnt you launch the drone far enough away that the noise didnt matter and if the startup beep is a problem wouldnt the noise the drone makes be more of a problem or even the flashing led sorry for saying this but it really does not make sence to me

bennie

Ummm... there isnt one.
The sounds are coming from the motors. DJI has ingeniously turned the motors into speakers.
The only way to turn them off is probably by firmware or by hacking the ESC (which is now integrated into the main board).
You are right, the motors are still vibrating when there is the start-up sound.
Found this ESC board on EBAY. Looks like one under each motor.

My law enforcement organization wants to use these in tactical situations.

Is there a way to disable the startup beeps/sounds that come from the aircraft?

Thanks in advance...
You can put the Spark in a styrofoam box like THIS and close the cover fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme