Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Article - FAA Remote ID: What it Means for You and Your DJI Drone

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Seen this posted over on PhantomPilots and thought I'd pass it on here as well. It's an article from DJI's Brendan Schulman about whether or not DJI drones will be RID compliant when it becomes mandatory in the U.S.A.

*note* Vic Moss, who shared the article over on PP also added, "He (Schulman) does have October 2022 and 2023 listed as the implementation months, but it's September 16, 2022 and 2023. I texted him earlier for clarification. I'll edit my post when I hear back."

? Thanks RotorWash! Wondering if our Sparks will be capable of broadcasting a remote ID through a software update. Seems to me the transmitter would have to be built in already.

Reactions: RotorWash
You're welcome DJ, it's hard to say until more technical details of RID are ironed out but since the Spark does work with Aeroscope and used to have an option in GO 4 for enabling UUID, I assume the capability is there so that only a firmware update would be needed provided the RID requirements are similar. If not then there will be the option to use an add-on module.

FAA Remote ID Toolkit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme