Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Care Refresh

nilanjan118

Join
Oct 31, 2018
Has anybody ever opted for a replacement under DJI Care Refresh? I need some details about the same.

I crashed my drone the other day breaking the front left arm.
So I wrote a mail to DJI - JAPAN explaining my case and they replied asking for some more details like mobile no. and home address to create the case number.
They also informed me that I need to send the drone to them and after their diagnosis, they will send a repair quotation first. If I think the price of repair is too high, I can opt to use the DJI Care Refresh..
I replied to them with the details they had asked and now they are quoting a Diagnose Fee of JPY8,640.

Now my question is - do I actually need to pay diagnosis fee?
At the time of purchase when I had opted for DJI Care Refresh, I was told that the replacement fee under the scheme is 5000JPY and 7000JPY for the first and second time respectively and no extra fee will be charged. So, even if I am not opting for any repair, do I still need to pay the diagnosis fee?

They only charge the diagnosis fee if you decline to have any service.

They gave me three options:
1. use my DJI Care
2. pay for repair out of pocket
3. decline both those services and pay for the diagnosis and shipping cost. I believe that was $65 USD

I paid for repair by DJI. For a refurbished unit back quickly. No hassles. No problems.

Good luck whichever way you decide to go

Reactions: nilanjan118
They only charge the diagnosis fee if you decline to have any service.

They gave me three options:
1. use my DJI Care
2. pay for repair out of pocket
3. decline both those services and pay for the diagnosis and shipping cost. I believe that was $65 USD

I paid for repair by DJI. For a refurbished unit back quickly. No hassles. No problems.

Good luck whichever way you decide to go

Thanks for the explanation. I received a reply from DJI saying that I will be charged 5000JPY only as the first time replacement fee if I opt for DJI Care Refresh. So I am going to opt for it.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Am I missing something here? 5000JPY = 456 USD but a new Spark on Amazon is 350 USD.

Am I missing something here? 5000JPY = 456 USD but a new Spark on Amazon is 350 USD.

You probably converted 50,000 JPY to USD. :D
1 USD is about 100~110JPY.
So I think 5000JPY should be around $45.

I used my Care Refresh, after a Stupidity crash, was landing on my hand, blade hit my finger and dumped into the water. I boxed it up, submitted a Claim, Printed the shipping label sent it out. Cost me $49 to process and sent me a Brand new Spark in the box with brand new battery in about 2 weeks time. Best money I ever spent to protect me from myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast