Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 App 4.3.14 and the New Samsung s8 Pie and One UI update.

Gavieboydgi

Premium Pilot
Join
Mar 3, 2018
I don't know what's been changed but the Spark and European Samsung s8 with FCC hack then using the New Go 4 App 4.3.14 is now working Brilliantly.
My Spark is no longer Stuck using the one band 5.8, it now switches when Flying about and the video feed now seems so much stable now.

I don't know what the pie update has changed but it's definitely now letting you use the 2.4 and 5.8 bands RC to Spark.

I don't know what the pie update has changed but it's definitely now letting you use the 2.4 and 5.8 bands RC to Spark.
As far as I know, Android devices were not able to use the same WiFi band for RC-AC and RC-phone connection. So if phone-RC connection used 2.4band, the RC-AC connection was stuck at 5.8band, which is displayed on the app screen.
So I assume the new OS update has probably changed this limitation of Android.

As far as I know, Android devices were not able to use the same WiFi band for RC-AC and RC-phone connection. So if phone-RC connection used 2.4band, the RC-AC connection was stuck at 5.8band, which is displayed on the app screen.
So I assume the new OS update has probably changed this limitation of Android.
That's what it was doing because In European countries our Android phones are limited with the 5.8 band so the Go 4 App would keep us in 5.8 from RC to Spark and the phone connection to 2.4,
But since I've done the pie update my Samsung s8 now lets me choose both bands when connected to WiFi to remote and using the Otg cable before it wouldn't let me

Reactions: nilanjan118
That's what it was doing because In European countries our Android phones are limited with the 5.8 band so the Go 4 App would keep us in 5.8 from RC to Spark and the phone connection to 2.4,
But since I've done the pie update my Samsung s8 now lets me choose both bands when connected to WiFi to remote and using the Otg cable before it wouldn't let me
Good to know that. I am using a rather old Android device and hence won't be able to update the OS but I use OTG cable and with forced FCC, I get a 5.8band connection between RC and AC, which works fine for me.

Reactions: Gavieboydgi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmirOmerov