Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

DJI Go 4 MAP - What is this ?

REMUS1

Join
Dec 8, 2017
So I started to use the map for flying on DJI Go. Everything works great, but there is a large transparent blue circle on the map with a blue circular center that pulsates. I thought it was my position, but it is about 300m away and it moves. BTW I am using an Ipad 10 with only wifi connectivity and NO OTG.

Thanks for bringing up this topic. I often wonder what the heck that is as well. I have no data plan on my ipod Touch 6. Only the wifi needed for connecting to the RC. If someone knows what that circle indicates, please help. It’s driving me crazy not knowing

The blue dot is supposed to be your location. If you have your wifi on and location services enabled either for the App or the i-pad, It will use your own and other nearby wifi networks that also have location services turned on to try to indicate your position, which isn't very accurate at all.

See here;
Find and improve your location’s accuracy - iPhone & iPad - Google Maps Help

The blue dot is supposed to be your location. If you have your wifi on and location services enabled either for the App or the i-pad, It will use your own and other nearby wifi networks that also have location services turned on to try to indicate your position, which isn't very accurate at all.

See here;
Find and improve your location’s accuracy - iPhone & iPad - Google Maps Help
Thank you much for clearing that up. I think then using the OTG and turning location services and wifi off should eliminate that. It’s annoying as hell...lol
Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502